We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Edventure Tours Highly recomended A+++++

Ontario
10 posts
Save Topic
Edventure Tours Highly recomended A+++++

I just got back from a week in Mexico. We got married there and were with a group of 24 people. We spent a day with Edventure Tours and it is the best tour I have ever done. They customize the tour to you and you can travel with as many or as few people as you want. They take you to places that the big tour companies can't get to. We spent the day with a stop at the Tulum ruins in the morning, then it was off to do some zip linig. After that we went to the cenotes. They took us to the one where the movie the Cave was filmed. Then it was time for lunch at an amzing restaurant on the beach and then more snorkelling. We snorkelled in the lagoon which had crystal clear water and beautiful fish and then it was off to Akumal Bay to swim with the sea turtles and sting rays. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone. Check out their website www.edventuretours.com.mx

Exotik Mayan Tours
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Mercanti Viaggi
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
KayTours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Paseo Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Bellingham...
Level Contributor
647 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Edventure Tours Highly recomended A+++++

We will be there in 28 days and are probably going to do this tour. Did you arrange in advance from home or once you arrived in Playa?

Vadnais Heights...
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Edventure Tours Highly recomended A+++++

We're signed up to do this tour in 32 days...We are so excited!!!

Strongsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Edventure Tours Highly recomended A+++++

We also did this tour last June...we would also give them an A+++++++!!! We are going to book with them again this June and go on a differnt tour. Im having a hard time contacting them. Ive sent them a couple emails and havent herd back yet. We booked before we went but I have also herd people have called when they got there so they could make sure they got good weather.

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
647 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Edventure Tours Highly recomended A+++++

jenny,

I was going to book in advance, but decided against it precisely for that reason. I've heard that they've had back to back Nortes as of late, so I think we will wait. I'm wondering how to go about contacting them once I'm down there, though.

Strongsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Edventure Tours Highly recomended A+++++

I think I have read that you can contact them from the Sandos lobby. I would take the phone # with you just in case. This may sound a little stupid but...what is a Nortes??? Just curious. You will have such a good time on this tour. If you or if you have kids that are on the thin side, make sure you take them up on the wet suit for the Cenote. My daughter and I were sooooo cold in the water. I swear we were on the verge of hypothermia!! It was 95+ degrees out the day we went and I was cold the rest of the day.

Oregon
Level Contributor
221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Edventure Tours Highly recomended A+++++

Loved, loved, LOVED EdVenture tours!! Can not recommend them highly enough!!

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
647 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Edventure Tours Highly recomended A+++++

jenny,

don't feel stupid....didn't know a thing about them myself until I read it just this past week in the Cozumel forum...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150809-i66-k24687…

It's a weather system that seems to bring some frustrating wet-stuff and it's been going on (at least around the Cozumel area) quite a bit in recent weeks. Of course, I am not too much north of Seattle, so I'm quite used to the "wet-stuff" (albeit, ours is COLD wet-stuff), so I'm not TOO concerned...but sun would be a bonus!

Bellingham...
Level Contributor
647 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Edventure Tours Highly recomended A+++++

The cold cenotes you refer to...is that the Dos Ojos that is so cold? Yes, most of my family is on the thinner side (and one is VERY thin). Is it colder than the hotel pools? Because that doesn't even phase our crew, with our cold waters here at home.

Strongsville, Ohio
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Edventure Tours Highly recomended A+++++

cyberbonvine, Yes it was Dos Ojos cenote we went to. And let me tell you, it was amazing!! But cold! Im not sure the temp. of the water...Im sure you could look it up. It was MUCH colder than the pool water but then again we were there in June. You might be Ok if your used to swimming in colder water though. I guess Im just a freeze baby! Born in the wrong state too... -35 degrees wind chill today..brrrrrrrr.

Oregon
Level Contributor
221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Edventure Tours Highly recomended A+++++

I went to Dos Ojos in May, and though it was chilly upon entering, I soon got used to it. I am fairly thin and am often cold, but this was very enjoyable for me! DH and I were actually the last ones to get out! It was my favorite part of the whole excursion!!

(and yes, I, too, am from the Pacific Northwest. Oregon, to be exact.)

Do this tour! You won't regret it!!!