We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute deals around Easter time?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
vegas
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute deals around Easter time?

The only time my friend can go is the week after Easter -- 4/11 - 4/18. What are the chances of getting good last minute deals? The prices are reasonable but higher than normal. The problem is also finding a decent flight. Should we book now or wait for last minute deals? I'm surprised that with this economy the prices are still this high, even during Easter break. Somebody said to wait and once they realize they are not filling up, the prices will drop.

We are looking at the Royal Playa, Riu Yucaton or the Playa Maya hotel.

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute deals around Easter time?

I would not wait too long. We booked funjet and bought the insurance-normally do not but my dad is ill so bought in just in case something happened while we were gone

anyway trip went down $300- we got refund- covered more than insurance cost us

Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute deals around Easter time?

I was wondering the same thing. Does anyone think the prices will drop further and there will be more flights available for April travel? Or is everything filling up and if we wait too long we may miss out?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
663 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute deals around Easter time?

My experience has been that rates have increased around the March/April timeframe - except this year!

We go to Playa every year in March and usually book in October because the rates tend to increase.

This year - booked in August but the rates have gone down. Shame on us - didn't buy trip insurance - would have saved close to $1000 if we would have waited.

Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute deals around Easter time?

My thinking is that once they realize they are not at capacity for March/April, the rates are going to drop. The problem would be with the flights. Is there a chance that the airfare with also drop and more flights will become available? I don't know if they are expensive right now because they are almost full or just because it's spring break.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
663 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute deals around Easter time?

Actually, it's the rates on the flights that we've seen drop.

6. Re: Last minute deals around Easter time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 20:18