We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tucan disappointment!

N Lincs Englad
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tucan disappointment!

My wife and i booked the Tucan 14 months ago, and yesterday were told we had to change to the Grand Flamenc Xcaret, well after reading reviews there is no way we are going there! When i finally got an explination i was told the Hotel had overbooked!! Can anyone else please let me know if they are able to book the Tucan, or if you are in the same situation as us, this is pathetic after a 14 month wait to be told less than a month before we are due to go. Any advice or comments most welcome. As i am sure you can guess we are NOT happy!

Thanks

N Lincs Englad
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
31. Re: Tucan disappointment!

We are now looking for somewehre else, we have £2500 to come back so hopefully we can get a good holiday!!!! I will be using this site in future to make sure that scum companies dont rob me again... thanks all..

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Tucan disappointment!

Thank goodness you can get your money back! I don't know if it is feasible for you to book your own airfare and hotel from England, but if it is, try Riu.com. We were at the Riu Palace last month which is 2 doors down from the Tucan and the Palace was fantastic. Riu also has the Tequila, Yucatan, and Playacar to choose from. Of course if you're getting your money back, you should still be able to book the Tucan. Let us know what happens!

N Lincs Englad
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
33. Re: Tucan disappointment!

We couldn't get the tucan, but have booked for the Riu Palace. Never ever touching Airtours or Direct again..