We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will I be disappointed with Caracol

Ohio
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Topic
Will I be disappointed with Caracol

DH and I have been to Playacar area every year for the past 6 years. We have stayed at one of the Riu resorts each time. This year we had talked about possibly staying in Playa del Carmen in a small non inclusive hotel. (In fact earlier I asked for suggestions on this board).

Last eve. my daughter called to say they are going to the Sandos Caracol the end of April for the week and want us to do the same. I have read pros and cons on the property.

After having been a regular at the Riu resorts will I be unhappy with this choice and the area.

I really want to go with them but am a little unsure.

Any help from those who have been there or to both Riu and Sandos.

Windsor Ontario
Level Contributor
761 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will I be disappointed with Caracol

I would be interested in an answer to this question also.

CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will I be disappointed with Caracol

My friends stayed here a few months ago but in the timeshare section. They seemed to have a good time but didn't RAVE about the resort. They thought it was too big for their taste and their 12 year old son said they got lost alot.

3. Re: Will I be disappointed with Caracol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 07:16