We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what does this comment mean at Sandos Playacar?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
CT
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
what does this comment mean at Sandos Playacar?

"The "Elite Club" guests had a pool near the beach, exclusive to them, which was never occupied during our stay."

This was just posted in a review. Does anyone know if this is the main pool in view of the beach or the small adults only pool near the beach?

What color wrist bands do the Elite Club have and what exactly IS the elite club? The last time we were at this resort they had a roped off section of the beach for the royal elite club which were the people that purchase the upgrade to ocean front rooms. Is that the same thing?

Grosse Ile, Michigan
Level Contributor
886 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what does this comment mean at Sandos Playacar?

Silverstarfish

The pool nearest the beach (used to be adult only) is now for the Royal Elite. The main pool is still for everyone.

I think Royal Elite have Black wristbands and yes the roped off section is for the Royal Elite also. I believe Royal Elite are both time share purchasers and people who upgrade to the Royal Club.

CT
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what does this comment mean at Sandos Playacar?

Thanks for your reply. I did find a map of the property and it did list the old adults only pool as the royal elite pool just like you posted. Works for me as we never used that small adults only pool.

3. Re: what does this comment mean at Sandos Playacar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 06:22