We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golf pkgs at rprm

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
golf pkgs at rprm

Can anyone tell me about any golf pkgs offered from the Riu Palace Riviera Maya? Is the golfing at Playa del Carmen? How was the course? What kind of clubs do they rent? Do you have to have a caddy? Do they have gps' in the carts? Thanks!

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: golf pkgs at rprm

Rius don't have a special package for playing at the Playacar Golf course, US$190 per round including snacks and beverages. They used to have a special for one of the courses north of PDC but I can't find that info anymore. Maybe discontinued. You could check with Reception when you get there.

palaceresorts.com/Golf/…Golf_Rates.asp

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: golf pkgs at rprm

Thanks, $190 U.S for a round? Better be an awesome course!

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: golf pkgs at rprm

I haven't played it but would love to. But too many $ for me. Apparently very challenging.

Austin
Level Contributor
251 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: golf pkgs at rprm

Here is what I recommend:

http://www.laplayaresort.com/

http://www.sandestinbeachhilton.com/

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: golf pkgs at rprm

That makes a lot of sense, suggesting Florida golf courses when he's in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. ???

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: golf pkgs at rprm

Funny, how when mentioning golfing everyone assumes I am male (note to bobfrombc) I do agree, what has FLORIDA to do with golfing in playa? Long swim! I am not sure if we are going to pay that much for golfing and if we can't get a early morning round, my frozen Canadian blood would just melt for a twilight (after 2 p.m.) round!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: golf pkgs at rprm

The $190 you pay is all-inclusive. When I play I have breakfast before, lunch at the turn,and a bite after my round. Plus I'm a true Canadian so I have a few cocktails on the course and after I play. Throw in a couple of gatorade's and you can easily take upwards of $70 off your initial green fee. So realistically, less than $120 is not that bad for a resort course.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: golf pkgs at rprm

Sounds good to me!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: golf pkgs at rprm

Beaccbm : Just north of Playa at the Mayan Palace resort they have an executive Par 3 Jack Nicklaus design course (www.grupomayangolf.com). We had the tour desk arrange a 10:00 am start. It was $89. us and $15. for club rentals. They arranged transportation to and from the course free for us. Even with a rain shower we played it in under 3 hours and had time at the resort pool in the afternoon. It was a challenging Par 3 course, 4 holes over 195 with the longest at 276. The 18th is an island green 195 yds. The price included the cart with a cooler full of water. The clubs were Taylor Made but old. You do not need a caddie no gps Cart on the coursr for drinks. Me and my son's liked it since it didn't take up the whole day.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: golf pkgs at rprm

To Binzee - the price you mentioned (190 us) was that because you stayed at that resort or is that the 'public' price as well?

To Beaccbm - how far is the Mayan Palace course from Playa del Carmen? I'm assuming your drinks etc was extra?

Thanks!