We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive "Virgins!"

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Emporia, Kansas
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
All Inclusive "Virgins!"

We are going to celebrate my birthday with a stay at an all-inclusive this summer and I can't believe how many there are! I thought I could make a fairly easy decision but am afraid to committ for fear that the next day I'll find a better one! Here are some of our "wants:" Mini bar - stocked daily, nice pools with plenty of chairs in the sun, a nice beach, and a nice variety of places to eat. With that said, and knowing that everyone's tastes are different, can I get some suggestions from all of you experts?

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
22,442 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive "Virgins!"

Probably the biggest deciding factor is going to be budget ..... how much d'you want to spend?

Sw Ohio
Level Contributor
893 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive "Virgins!"

I'd recommend the Sun Palace. It's got one of the best beaches of all AI's in the hotel zone, excellent food and service, minutes away from shopping, clubs, etc. on the city bus which runs 24/7 and only 65 cents per person. You can also visit the other Palace Resorts free while staying at Sun Palace. It's couples only, quiet and ranked one of the best in Cancun...and very reasonably priced for what it has to offer. There is a stocked mini-bar in your room, 2 person jacuzzi tub and 24 hour room service included in the rates. You can also get free unlimited tours depending on how you book.

As a Palace member I'd be happy to answer any questions...just send me a PM.

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive "Virgins!"

I would suggest looking into the Iberostars at the Playa Paraiso complex. There are 5 resorts there. Some for each budget. The Grand is adults only and a true luxury resort. It is very expensive though. Next would be the Maya and Lindo. You can eat a la carte every night if you want. Next would be the Paraiso Beach and Del Mar. All have great service. HUGE pools with plenty of chairs and a big beautiful beach. The architecture and landscaping at these resorts is beautiful and everything is kept extremely clean. Here's the site where you can look them up at.

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g663501-Playa_Paraiso…

Don't forget to check out the "travelers photos" which are located on the top right of the 1st page of each review page. There are pages and pages of recent pictues.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusive "Virgins!"

First make some basic decisions like if you want a family resort or adult only. Establish a budget.

We like adult only so that is our first filter. We are beach people so a great beach is high on the list. We also have pretty high standards for food, liquor and wine, with quality over quantity being a concern. We want well appointed rooms with comfortable beds, spacious baths and nice amenities and we prefer no reservations for dinner.

Our personal favorite AI is LeBlanc but it is pricey and also pretty quiet. Secrets Maroma Beach is on a beautiful beach and is new with very nice rooms so that would be a good option for you.

Sun Palace meets your needs and is a good resort on a nice beach, large rooms, not too pricey, adults only and well located. We are not big fans of the food at Palace resorts (LeBlanc is the exception) and the beds are too hard for us but lots of folks find this resort a good choice. It also is in a good location to get out and about if you decide to explore a bit.

Have fun whatever you decide!

Wakefield, Ma
Level Contributor
6,432 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All Inclusive "Virgins!"

Sun Palace is in Cancun and 43 miles north of Playa Del Carmen.

Bristol, New...
Level Contributor
597 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All Inclusive "Virgins!"

Check out bookit.com and vacationstogo.com to search for some reat deals

Emporia, Kansas
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All Inclusive "Virgins!"

I guess I should have mentioned the budget! We don't have kids and I am a school counselor at an elementary school so it might be a bonus not to have them screaming, jumping and splashing us all day but we could handle it if we had to! We really do just like to relax by the pool/beach, have drinks and kind of play everything by ear. It's hard to talk about budget because we're flying from Kansas and airfare is kind of high but we're thinking that we'd like to stay under $3,000 for air and resort. I've seen all ranges and it's just so hard to know which is best!

Emporia, Kansas
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All Inclusive "Virgins!"

Thanks so much! I am going to check that one out. I don't think I've seen anything about it in all of my searching or if I did, I was so overwhelmed I can't tell it from another! I appreciate your help!

uk
Level Contributor
597 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: All Inclusive "Virgins!"

Im also planning my first all inclusive holiday for this year. Ive gone for the grand palladium riviera, one of the reasons being that you get unlimited a la cartes. When researching the resorts soemthing i didnt realise was that the majority of resorts in my budget limit the number of times you can eat at the a la carte restaurants to 3 in one week, or 5 in two weeks for example. Id never of imagined youd be limited like this at an AI until I checked the small print in the brochures, having never been AI before. I dont know if its typical of AI the world over, or if its unique to mexico.

Anyway, something you might want to take into account when making youre decision, might get a bit repetetive if youre eating at the buffets 10 nights out of 14, in know you said in your post you like variety in places to eat.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,503 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All Inclusive "Virgins!"

Hi, good advice there from everyone already, but here's my input!

My tips would be to make a list of the things you want eg great beach, unlimited a la carte, adult's only etc. Then, check out a variety of resorts within your budget, and immediately rule out any that don't meet all your criteria. Try not to compromise too much as you'll end up with a big list of possibilities that it'll be hard to narrow down.

Try to get it down to a short list of 2 or 3 resorts. Once you have, you can then research these specific resorts further: come on TA and ask for opinions, check out reviews etc. You should then hopefully be able to reach a decision.