We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a beach for young kids

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
128 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
a beach for young kids

We are a family of 5 that will be going to Sandos Playacar march 26. My kids are 3, 5, 9. They love the beach and love to collect shells. Are there any places we could go for half a day that they could do this? We would like to take some day trips but I am not sure if they are too little? they cannot swim well so scuba and the like are not options for us. What about port aventuras? thanks so much.

Molly1429

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,762 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a beach for young kids

Shell collecting is not big on the beach. There are some but you have to get up early before the tourists get them.

The kids will find lots of small ones if you can go for quantity instead of quality.

It'll be just as good at the resort as anywhere else for shells.

Consider Xel-Ha...even the 3 year old can have a hoot strapped in his vest. They also have a playground, hammocks, critters, and lots of dry land walking areas.

CT
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a beach for young kids

I love going on day excursions but if I were you because of your two youngest, I would just stay at the resort and enjoy yourself. What is nice about Sandos is there is a lot for the kids to do. They can play beach soccer, there is a kid's club, and if you walk along the beach to the south it is undeveloped and you can find some small shells there. I'm sure the kids would enjoy Xelha but for the cost of a family of 5 you will have a much more enjoyable and relaxing time on the resort property. Entrance tickets are pricey and food is expensive too. We went to Xcaret and loved it when my son was 10 but I wouldn't have taken him there if he was younger because it is a very large property and you see lots of little ones having meltdowns.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
128 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: a beach for young kids

Thanks I was wondering myself if Xcaret or Xelha would be worth the $$$ I am happy to stay at the resort. We have never been to mexico so staying at the resort and enjoying what sandos has to offer might be our best bet. I don't do meltdowns:) Thanks for helping me out.

4. Re: a beach for young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 05:28