We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xcaret and childrens prices?

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Xcaret and childrens prices?

My question is, do they check id/passport of the kids when you purchase tickets? My daughter is 13, but could pass for 12 (the child cut off age). Not that I am cheap, but I also like to save the difference so I can afford the expensive food once inside?

Which opens up another can of worms. Do they check or worry too much about people sneaking food into the park? And yes, I do bring my own candy and sometimes popcorn when I go to the movies...

Art

Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xcaret and childrens prices?

Okay, back up to the top. I am dead serious, whats the answer to this?

Thanks

Art

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xcaret and childrens prices?

I wish could answer your question. I bought my tickets with a tour company. The price included transporatation and the tickets to Xcaret.

I have been known to bring my own candy and can of pop to the movie theater at times. :)

CT
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xcaret and childrens prices?

Art,

When we were there they didn't check although my son was younger than your daughter. We just said 2 adults, 1 child. We did get there when it opened (we are morning people) and that worked out really well because it is a large property and it gets busier around 11AM. Also some days (not sure which days of the week) the cruise ships drop people off there so try to avoid those days.

I only brought my camera with me but if I had known the prices of food and drink I would have brought water bottles and snacks. They don't look at your bag, you'll be fine. My DH did decide to buy the dinner show combo admission tickets and that is the way to go. By 6pm we were thrilled to sit down and eat dinner and watch the show. The food was good plus you get better seating. Well worth it and the show was great.

My other tips are to avoid the snorkeling on the man made river. We saw zero fish and the current is super slow. We ended up getting out towards the end and walking. That is the only thing we didn't like.We loved the turtle exhibit and the butterfly pavilion and eating lunch at the furthest point where the boat is for a snorkeling tour.

If you have other questions just PM me.

CT
Level Contributor
2,133 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xcaret and childrens prices?

p.s. we took a cab. I would avoid the tours to Xcaret because they are huge buses stopping at numerous resorts to pick up and drop off people wasting your precious vacation time.

Mass
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xcaret and childrens prices?

After weeks of posting here we finally decided at noon yesterday to stay at Occ Grand XCaret & are so excited. Even better, we found out last tonight our neighbors visited XCaret Park 2 yrs ago and LOVED LOVED LOVED it.

BUT, they got off to a rough start at admission. Because they are all quite tall, their children - ages 10&11 - were charged ADULT prices! XCaret insisted that they charge by size, not age - and since our friends had been dropped off, there was no way to walk away. They were furious, so they had to pay it, but they said it was worth the $$.

We are a very short family so I am not concerned - just FYI!

Mentioned in this post
Xcaret Park
Xcaret Park
34,722 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Grand Rapids
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xcaret and childrens prices?

Well, my daughter is on the tall side, so maybe if we pre purchased tickets on line that would solve that. If we look at the weather forecast 4 days out, we would get a pretty good idea if it was going to be raining, hot, cloudy, etc. That way they couldnt try to sell us something different.

Also, silverstarfish, was that the underground river you were talking about, or just a river they have for snorkeling?

Also, I thought the show was included in the original park price? 69.00

Or are you talking about just getting a dinner/show ticket so you get to eat and have better seats?

Thanks

Art

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
215 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xcaret and childrens prices?

" Well, my daughter is on the tall side, so maybe if we pre purchased tickets on line that would solve that. If we look at the weather forecast 4 days out, we would get a pretty good idea if it was going to be raining, hot, cloudy, etc. That way they couldnt try to sell us something different."

Bravo, you just answered your original question ;) and that's exactly what we did couple months ago (checking weather + getting on-line tickets).

Normally I wouldn't dispute park policy but here it is...

my daughter is ONLY 8 years old and 4'10 tall (this is 147cm, where their cut off is 140cm!). By no means she is an adult and I find it discriminating to base kids entrance fee on height, instead of age if there are no rides, or anything else in the park that would have a height requirement. I tried to ask their customer service before going what this height req. is based on, but I received no clear answer to my question. They were nice enough to suggest buying tickets on-line as planned, showing up at the park and going from there (with a 'wink'). That's what we did and everybody there was very nice to us and never questioned our tickets.

BTW, night show is included in the basic price, but dinner at the show is extra (different section too).

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Xcaret and childrens prices?

Last August we took 20 oz sodas into the park with no issue. They didn't check our bag but we wrapped the sodas in our towels just in case. We had a blast there but I would definitely do as much research as possible because the place is HUGE!

9. Re: Xcaret and childrens prices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 04:16