We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you get over the blues...

Canada
Level Contributor
401 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How do you get over the blues...

Been there, done that, now what??? How do you get over the blues of being back home? Ya, I know, start planning for next time...but, I'm talking about now, and the next month!

oz
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you get over the blues...

light coconut and pineapple candles, crank up the heat to 85, play the vacation footage that you took on the big screen tv and your favorite vacation drink. JUST DONT LOOK OUTSIDE.

Canada
Level Contributor
401 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How do you get over the blues...

LOL Wicked...I could go downhill skiing in my back yard...if I was into "snow" vacations!!

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do you get over the blues...

I don't know if this makes it worse or better. I have my pics of my 2 Mexico vacations on my digital photo frame that sits next to my computer monitor. :) Oh I am counting down the months till we go to Playa del Carmen on 12/25/09.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14,087 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do you get over the blues...

Planning is a definate cure. And you can do that right now. Even if you don't plan on going to next year, check out the travel sites every day. That way you will be prepared for when a deal does pop up, and you will be educated to know what a good deal is or isn't. You will learn about all the possible resorts/destinations and have a great overview of everything.

Staying on boards like this also helps. Makes you feel tied to Cancun.

I know exactly what you mean about the blues. We have started going 4-5 times a year (sometimes just a wknd) and many times we already have our next trip planned while we are on one vacation. KNOWING you are going back is a great help.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
204 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do you get over the blues...

Hey SunFunDaze,

I don't know what part of Canada you live in but you could beat the blues by starting to plan a trip to visit our beautiful beaches here in New Brunswick this summer.You will have to bring your own palapa and pour your own drink but you can sit and enjoy the sand,surf and swim in the warmest waters north of the Carolina's.We feel your pain and will be going through the same thing when we get back from the Grand Riviera Princess the first week of May.Hope this helps and be strong:).

SandDog

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
4,177 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do you get over the blues...

We drink. We were back from PV 3 days late January then booked our next trip for 2 weeks over xmas. This made us feel better than we drank some more. Life is good. ITS.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,003 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do you get over the blues...

Those blues are just the worst. Coming home just to put on turtleneck sweaters and fuzzy socks.....there goes the tan. I like the suggestion "drink".

Anyway, it does help to go in May or early June. That way when you get back home it is summer and you can continue to wear your shorts and sandles. It kind of makes you feel like your still on vacation. And you've got a head start on your tan. Plus the Prices tend to go down a bit since its off season. Making it possible to spend a few extra days in paradise.

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,762 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do you get over the blues...

Dang, the Honeywell thermostat only goes to 81! In the good old days before digital you could crank it lots higher.

I have my "playroom" where I dump all the sand that comes back with me in the suitcase and shoes. It has windows facing south and on a sunny winter day I can go through a few marq's and chips/salsa chilling in my lounger.

Southern Illinois
Level Contributor
2,691 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do you get over the blues...

You could always post your thong pix and all and people will post about them and you can keep your memories alive! How's that?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
285 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do you get over the blues...

Hey SunFunDaze - it's cold here too... though probably not quite as cold as Canada. Remember that Spring is coming soon...PDC isn't that tempting when Chicago is in full Spring/Summer bloom. Cubs, restaurants, beach, fun, BBQs, ....hang in there. You'll be fine once we get through the next few weeks! I don't miss PDC from April-Sept. You?

Go Cubbies!

Hugs! :)