We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NOt happy they did not post my review

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
NOt happy they did not post my review

I had a fair and very positive review with only a few things that could have been different on my trip to the Grand Sunset Princess! They did not post it. Beware of trip advisor they from this experience only post what they want...that is biased if you ask me. Anyway I had a good stay at this resort and give it a 4 star or a mark of B. I am dissappointed they did not post because for me with small children getting to the computer and actually taking time to do this for the benefit of others was a big deal for me and my time.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,730 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NOt happy they did not post my review

how long ago did you write it? ive read of some reviews taking a week or even longer to finally get put up on the site

Shediac, Canada
Level Contributor
440 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NOt happy they did not post my review

Hello,

how long has it been since you sent the review? It takes a few days before it gets posted. Did you receive a message saying that they wouldn't post it?

Sincerely, Nicaribbean

Canada
Level Contributor
401 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: NOt happy they did not post my review

And some like Cyberbovine's didn't even take a whole 24 hrs. I'm still waiting patiently for mine to get posted, it's been about 4-5 days now.

Black Hills
Level Contributor
346 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NOt happy they did not post my review

Just a quick thought, maybe...

If it's been a while since you've posted a review, or if this is your first review, please remember to check your e-mail used when you signed up to Trip Advisor, or perhaps even your "Junk" e-mail folder for the verification e-mail on your review.

What this is, is a verification process so that Trip Advisor can more easily track bogus reviews, etc...Which I appreciate. I stay at certain properties over and over and while many months to a year may pass, I still feels second, third or fourth and maybe more reviews are necessary to note changes or additions to amenities and service, etc...

In any case, check your e-mail boxes and Junk Folders for verification e-mails from Trip Advisor asking for you to verify if indeed the review came from you.

While this may not be your particular case in this instance, it may very well be what's occurring.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NOt happy they did not post my review

Thanks guys. I will give TA the benefit of the doubt as I am a fair person. My review had been pending for almost 3wks and then just disapeared in my TA folder. I have sent them a message. I will see what they say. I love TA and really just want to know why it was not posted. Hoping just a technical error. I have posted one last year with no problem. I do not undersand.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NOt happy they did not post my review

Sometimes they post Reviews in bunches..

Like nothing for weeks and weeks on a resort and then BOOM ,four or five at a time.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
168 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: NOt happy they did not post my review

as someone mentioned earlier...you have to respond to the verification email or they will not post it...I lost a review for VIM that way and never got a chance to rewrite it!

Black Hills
Level Contributor
346 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NOt happy they did not post my review

My profile currently gives but (1) review from 2006.

I have posted several more, from places in Minneapolis, Denver, and of course Playa del Carmen.

But only one shows...

So I will re-submit them and see what happens.

What I find unacceptable is that many times when we or I stay in a place more than once and I write a new review speaking on current conditions since last stay, new amenities or upgrades, or changes in policy that coincide with my stay, it should be posted.

I see no reason why when a stay is made at a property, that subsequent reviews don't seem to stick, if made by a reviewer who has several stays at a property over time.

What is the saying, "The only constant is change"...??

No truer statement, than when speaking of Playa del Carmen, bars, restaurants, and Hotels.

Properties are constantly changing and upgrading and those efforts should be rewarded, and allowed to be stated by people who have a good base of comparison...because in a heated and competitive market like Playa del Carmen, if a property is not constantly improving in some way, it's being left in the dust...

I hope your review appears...They can be time consuming to write and our opinions to us are important, and even more so to the prospective client looking for current information from a seasoned guest as well as those first impressions from first timers...

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
484 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NOt happy they did not post my review

If you contact TA and get an old review removed, then you can post a new one of the property. I think we can understand why they won't post more than one review of a property by the same person.

duluth,mn
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NOt happy they did not post my review

there are plenty of bad and negative reviews that get posted.so i dont think thats the problem.why not contact them and ask.