We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ordering from a different restaurant at an AI

Ivyland...
Level Contributor
441 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Ordering from a different restaurant at an AI

Just curious, I recently saw a review that complained that the waiters didn't bring food from another restaurant at the resort downstairs from the restaurant they were in. Is this to be expected or is the criticism a bit off base? Just curious as to the experiences of others. I agree it would be nice, but I have never gone into a restaurant, even at an AI and expected to be able to order from a different restaurant at the resort. I would guess this happened to them because different members of their party wanted items from different restaurants.

Ivyland...
Level Contributor
441 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ordering from a different restaurant at an AI

So I guess no one has an opinion on this. I spoke with my wife and she agreed that it seemed a bit presumptuous to expect the waiters at a buffet or any other restaurant to go fetch food from another restaurant, even at an all inclusive.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ordering from a different restaurant at an AI

Sounds like a ridiculous expectation to me too! If the waiter DID accommodate their request, I would say that's going above and beyond, and would be worthy of mention in a review.

kansas city
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ordering from a different restaurant at an AI

I've never seen it and would never ask a waiter to do it

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,763 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ordering from a different restaurant at an AI

Actually this can be quite common especially for special needs/menu items. Usually all kitchens are not geared up for the special requests. Maybe the kid wants a chocolate shake with the dinner and he wants it every night. Or there are no beef items on the seafood menu. Part of the AI thing is to satisfy the guest. You pay for service and it is expected.

Ivyland...
Level Contributor
441 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ordering from a different restaurant at an AI

If you want different items from different restaurants why don't you just do room service. Some AIs share the same kitchen for the restaurants and then I could understand but the review specifically mentioned that the restaurant was on a different floor from the restaurant they were in which indicates to me that they would have had to go to a different floor to find the food and bring it back.

I guess I should up my expectations when I go to an all inclusive.

6. Re: Ordering from a different restaurant at an AI

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 00:17