We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand occidental xcaret

Port Hope, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
grand occidental xcaret

hey everyone..we are going to the grand occidental xcaret march 19 and was wondering where is the best rooms with view..please help as i am a little anxious..thanks

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grand occidental xcaret

From what I saw, the third floor of building 21 and 22 would have the best view IF your unit is facing the ocean.

This is not a resort of ROOM VIEWS however as many of the buildings are surrounded by foliage... it is a resort of nature... don't fret about views... and if you do get a room with a less than ideal.... then just get out of the room and go enjoy the resort :)

CT
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grand occidental xcaret

Even though you don't spend much time in your room I always like to put in a request with the resorts I travel to. I always email the resort (don't expect a personal reply) and request a partial ocean view on the top floor with a king bed, closest to the beach or something like that...and I have always gotten my request or something very close to it. It never hurts to ask but like the above poster advised...don't be anxious about it because you basically just sleep in the room and spend the most time outside.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grand occidental xcaret

I did email the resort before going and requested a King Bed, in a quiet building, on the upper floor, and clse by to our friends who we traveled with.

They responded to my email saying they would do their best, and they did. We were in the building of our choice and every time we have emailed with requests we have gotten what we asked for.

It is always worth a try.

We did not want to be in the main building as the views of some of the rooms is directly into the lobby and other rooms. Not something I would have liked as we like to keep our sliding door open all night, no privacy!!

You will enjoy this resort and the freebee to Xcaret is wonderful!!

London, ON
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grand occidental xcaret

It may also depend on who your tourgroup is. I know Sunquest has specific buildings that they use, if you are with them, those are the rooms you get. I don't believe there are many rooms with an ocean view as the buildings aren't that high and they are a bit away from the water. So you won't be able to stand on your balcony and gaze out at the ocean no matter which room you are in. You will however have a wonderful, relaxing time at this resort. Have a great time!! Wish I were going again.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
350 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: grand occidental xcaret

frlady, as was already mentioned, buildings 21 and 22 do have some rooms with ocean views.

Cornwall, Canada
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: grand occidental xcaret

Altho Sunquest usually places their people in buildings 14,15,16,17 there is no sure thing. A friend of mine traveled with sunQuest and ended up in building 12 which is attached to the lobby. I think at the point where they are fully booked they juggle you where ever they have room.

As for overbooking... we left on the 18th of Febraury but on the 19th they were overbooked. We asked the manager if we chose to give up our room for the night, would he give us a free week next year and he agreed. too bad we were not staying!!

Three years ago we were asked to give up our room at the Bahia Principe Tulum and for the one night, we received two weeks free for the three of us. Sweet deal, went back and only paid airfare!!

As for room views... there is a LOT of foliage at this resort, so most rooms have lovely trees and grounds and jungle views.... some have pool views, very few have ocean views. Each building has it's benefits...

toronto
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: grand occidental xcaret

We were there last yr and returning in April, last yr we were in building 19th 2nd fl excellent spot very central to everything and closest to the activity pool. Though it depends on what you booked as building 19 & 20 are avaliable if you book conciere deluxe only. When we first got there we asked for Ocen view I believe it was 18 they put us and asked to be moved, there really isn't ocean view here and wanted to be near the activity pool as my sister and I were travelling with our children. No matter which building you stay in the resort is GREAT....hense why we are returning next month. Enjoy your stay any other questions just ask.

8. Re: grand occidental xcaret

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 09:23