We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family of five all-inclusive vacation suggestions

Taunton...
Level Contributor
886 posts
311 reviews
Save Topic
Family of five all-inclusive vacation suggestions

Anyone have any feedback on great all-inclusives in PDC that will allow a family of five in one room or suite?

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
128 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family of five all-inclusive vacation suggestions

Hi

My family of 5 will be going to Sandos Playacar March 26 for 7 nights. We have a Jr. Riviera Suite and will be able to get all 5 of us in 1 room. It is hard to find a nice resort that will accomodate 5. I have 2 adults and 3 kids 3, 5, 9. We also stayed at the Beaches Boscobel Resort in Jamaica. We ahd 1 room. Awesome vacation. If you google family of 5 vactions you will get some good info on other resorts too.

Mentioned in this post
Sandos Playacar Beach Resort
Sandos Playacar Beach...
14,227 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
CT
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family of five all-inclusive vacation suggestions

We are headed to the Sandos Playacar in April and it is our third trip there. We don't have a family of 5 but it is a very affordable resort, especially for large families, and the reviews of the large, new Riviera rooms sound great.

Mentioned in this post
Sandos Playacar Beach Resort
Sandos Playacar Beach...
14,227 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Bristol, New...
Level Contributor
604 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family of five all-inclusive vacation suggestions

Check out the great specials flying out of Boston on Bookit.com-

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Ivyland...
Level Contributor
441 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family of five all-inclusive vacation suggestions

Hacienda Tres Rios has suites that sleep 4, 8 or 12 I believe, junior suite, one bedroom suite and two bedroom suite, I believe. It's an all inclusive. It's brand new and still being built so the service is a little bit off by the reviews, but the rooms are quite nice with plenty of rooms. It should be finished by the end of May, last time I heard. I also believe that each little room has a bathroom, so the junior suite has 1 bathroom, the one bedroom has 2 bathrooms and the two bedroom has 3 bathrooms. Some 2 bedroom suites have two jacuzzi's although most just have one.

It's a bit north of Playa Del Carmen although not too far out of town. You will need to get a cab or ride on one of their vans if you can get a ride. Avoid the timeshare salesmen unless you want a hard sell.

Mentioned in this post
Hacienda Tres Rios
Hacienda Tres Rios
6,452 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Atlanta
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Family of five all-inclusive vacation suggestions

I don't know why you would stay in a Hotel when there are better options.

You can get a beautiful three bedroom condo on a great beach and save the hotel hassle.

We love the units at Luna Encantada as it's a first class development only a few blocks away from all the action on 5th avenue.

Go to http://lunarentals.com and see them for yourself. Susan owns a few of these and she is great to work with. She is a local expert and will provide you with a guide to all the best local restaurants,

and things to do. Forget the all inclusive stuff :)

Mentioned in this post
Encantada Tulum
Encantada Tulum
497 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Ivyland...
Level Contributor
441 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family of five all-inclusive vacation suggestions

You can also go to http://www.vrbo.com to find condo, etc to rent in Playa del Carmen. Some are in timeshares and some are just homes and condos. Some have all-inclusive options, some do not and your on your own.

Mentioned in this post
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
missouri
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family of five all-inclusive vacation suggestions

We also have a family of 5. The choices are limited. you can go to cheapcaribean.com enter any destination and put it your 5 people and select 1 room and it will give you the choices. It is a good way to start your search. It is the only site I have found that will let you do this.

8. Re: Family of five all-inclusive vacation suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 16:18