We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Bay Grande Esmeralda in May

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
10 posts
Save Topic
Blue Bay Grande Esmeralda in May

My boyfriend and I are going to Mexico for the first time May 16-23!! We're so excited and pretty much live on these forums now. Anyone else staying during that time?? And any advise about staying there??

Also-we booked the Coba Mayan Encounter, ATV/Speed boat tour, and the snorkeling tour in Puerto Morelos; any reviews on those?

THANKS!

-Erica

Minnesota
Level Contributor
537 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Bay Grande Esmeralda in May

Darn it! We are going May 23-28th. I've never stayed at the BBGE before so I can't offer any advice on that.

In my opinion the ATV/Speed Boat Tour isn't worth it. You have to stay in a straight line the entire time and I donno how they can consider those things Speed boats. I felt like a paddle boat could pass me.

Tomball, TX
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Bay Grande Esmeralda in May

Hi! My husband and I are going to the BBGE May 16-23rd. We are in building 3. We haven't booked any tours yet, but we definitely want to do either the Hidden Worlds or Edventure and probably some snorkeling at Akumal. Heard the beach and the snorkeling is to die for at Akumal beach.

New Jersey
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Bay Grande Esmeralda in May

Why did you choose bldg 3? Is that one better than the others? We're going May 9 - 15.

Thanks.

Tomball, TX
Level Contributor
120 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Bay Grande Esmeralda in May

I requested building 5 since everyone said building 5 was the best, but they put us in building 3. It still looks close to the beach though, not like the back buildings.

Portsmouth, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Bay Grande Esmeralda in May

There are 8 building at BBGE and none of them are more than 4 floors, with most being 3 floors. Buildings 1-5 are near the beach and main pool while buldings 6-8 are located by the other pool and near the lobby.

We have been to the area 9 times and never attempt to schedule more than 1 all-day tour during a 1 week stay. A vacation needs to be about relieving stress, not creating it. I always remove my wristwatch when I arrive and do not put it back on until the day we leave for home. If you have never been to the area before, I recommend that you do a tour of some of the Mayan ruins like Tulum, Coba, or Chichen Itza. Tulum is near the resort, and the others would be a full-day (10-12hr) trip. The snorkeling is good--the best areas are off Cozumel island or at Puerto Adventuras.

Enjoy

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,667 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Bay Grande Esmeralda in May

moonspirte. You will be happy with bldg. #3, It has only 2 floors. It is set back a little, just behind #4.

Check my pictures I posted(click my name ,then contributions,pictures. We looked at #3,as we were on back/side of #4.

IMHO #5 is too Big,it is like #6.7.8,and those are the ones people complain about the noise.

Massachusetts
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Blue Bay Grande Esmeralda in May

Aw, I'm disappointed with the ATV/Speedboat tour--we were really excited for that!! We're still gonna go we just won't have high expectations. Whenever we travel we like to always be busy and have something to do. But I just keep counting down the days--only 69 to go!! woo!

-Erica

Massachusetts
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Blue Bay Grande Esmeralda in May

Yayy!! We're going the same time!! Is building 3 the best one to get?? We want a room close to the ocean and swing bar--we don't plan to sleep, so noise isn't an issue for us...like they say "you can sleep when you're dead" hahaha

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,667 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Blue Bay Grande Esmeralda in May

#3 is good, all on lower floor are swim up suites., I think.

It's just set back a bit from the Pool, about 1/2 block.

# 4 is the closest (has the washrooms in one end). very close also #5,1 or 2.

Really any one of the 5 .

Minnesota
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Blue Bay Grande Esmeralda in May

We stayed in building 2 (second floor jacuzzi suite), and the music from the nightly pool parties kept us up every night until 1:30 in the morning. The rooms are poorly insulated. Bring earplugs if you are a light sleeper.