We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some Concerns......

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, New...
Level Contributor
599 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Some Concerns......

I hope the wonderful folks who use trip advisor can ease some of my fears- Hear's a list:

I am concerned that my current sunglasses won't be strong enough for the intense sun

I am concerned that the water may be too blue or too green

I am concerned about too much sun and not enough rain

I am concerned that things won't be exactly like they are at home

I am concerned I might see a bug or maybe some other exotic creature on my trip

I am concerned that if I drink and eat too much I might mistake my symptoms for food poisoning or some other mystery illness

Does anyone else have concerns that would like to share?

Hopefully you will see the humor in this post- Vacation is for relaxing and not sweating the small stuff- Happy Travels everyone!!!

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some Concerns......

I am concerned that the staff won't work hard enough, but will instead stand around ignoring you while they take massive long smoke breaks.

I am concerned that the tropical foliage will be TOO GREEN!

I am concerned that the Spanish speaking people will not be able to speak good enough English...after all it is the tourists who are paying their salaries.

I am concerned that the housekeeper won't change the sheets EVERYDAY, even though I only change mine at home once a week.

I am concerned that this Mexico hasn't gotten it together enough to provide Bud Light beer.

I am concerned that it will be too humid and the rooms will smell musty.

I am concerned that my laptop won't fit in the safe and that I can't get a connection at the beach, pool, or bathrooms.

Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Some Concerns......

I am concerned about whether you are concerned that the water may be too _Windex_ blue or green.

:-)

Steve

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
292 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Some Concerns......

I am concerned that I may get sand in my room after spending a horrid day relaxing at the beach.

I am concerned that I may lose track of time.

I am concerned that my margarita will evaporate before I have a chance to drink it, (I know that happens because I could not have possibly drank that much)!

I am concerned that I may fall asleep on the beach and miss my plane home.

Now that last one could be a real concern!

Bristol, New...
Level Contributor
599 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Some Concerns......

I'm thinking Windex Blue- I am also VERY concerned that my drink might not last as long as the ice in my Bubba Keg and I might sprain my ankle on the way back to the bar!!!-

As for falling asleep on the beach and missing your flight home- You could always carry one of those battery operated trave alarm clocks!! I'm all about solutions!!! I just hope I don't get too much sun and drink too much..................

Manitoba
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Some Concerns......

I am concerned that my sunglassess may not be dark enough and the wife will catch me taking a peek at some beautiful bikinis by the pool or on the beach. I am also concerned that I may not be able to find my way back to my room after keeping up my hydration levels in the hot sun with cold cervezas.LOL.Good topic!!

Grosse Ile, Michigan
Level Contributor
886 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Some Concerns......

I am concerned that I might not see any plus size men in their speedos and full figured women going topless

Eau Claire...
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Some Concerns......

I am concerned that the beach may be too sandy and the ocean too wet.

Plymouth, Michigan
Level Contributor
292 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Some Concerns......

Strablizky,

Thanks for the suggestion, but there will be no travel alarm clocks for this girl. If I should fall asleep and miss the flight, there is always another one tomorrow...or the day after that..or the day after that..

:)

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Some Concerns......

I am concerned that the drug cartels will travel 2,000 miles from the US border to the Yucatan....just to find ME.....laying on the beach, sipping a pina colada.

Bristol, New...
Level Contributor
599 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Some Concerns......

Maybe we should just all cancel our vacations- LOL- Thanks for all the humor!!