We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico Blue Dream

CT
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Mexico Blue Dream

If you have used this tour group would you please post details of your snorkeling trip to Akumal? Do they pick you up at your resort? What does the trip include? Did you see the sea turtels? Thanks!!

Exotik Mayan Tours
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Mercanti Viaggi
Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
KayTours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Paseo Tours
Sightseeing Tours
Wi.
Level Contributor
340 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexico Blue Dream

You do not need a tour group to make this trip. Take a taxi, will drop you off at the Akumal arches, beach is just a very short walk away. Or a taxi into town and ask them to drop you off at the collectivo, very cheap transportation, which will drop you off at the highway by Akumal. They have a paved walkway that you follow to the Akumal arches. There is a dive shop there where you can rent gear if you don't have your own. You do not need to be out very far to see the turtles. Snorkle vest is wise. There is a bar and restaurant on the beach, can also rent sun loungers if you prefer not to sit or lay on the sand.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexico Blue Dream

Absolutely agree. You would not take a tour to your local lake or the ocean. You best tour will be you own. If you need more advice - ask away.

kansas
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexico Blue Dream

We used Mexico Blue Dream last week and thought they were great! They take small groups (2-4 people) for morning or afternoon. It's nice to let the guide do the driving, parking, etc! Our guide knew the area well and was able to "find" the turtles, etc. She knew where they hang out! MBD also provided us wet suits as the air temp was cool. They are flexible and willing to make it a personalized trip.

We also went to Yal Ku which had terrific fish and very clear water.

CT
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexico Blue Dream

Thanks for all the advice. We were planning to do it on our own but then I read about this tour. I think someone on the forum said it is about $25-30 each way from Sandos Playacar and this tour is $50 each. I haven't found out if they pick you up at your hotel or not so I am still trying to decide which way to go. My hubby would prefer just to stay on the resort but I know my son and I will enjoy the snorkeling. I want to have all the details before I make my "pitch" to my hubby. he,he

Wi.
Level Contributor
340 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexico Blue Dream

$5 taxi ride to the collectivo stand, collectivo cost 35 pesos pp one way. Taxi to Akumal will be about $30. Snorkeling with the turtles...PRICELESS. Lol Ha restaurant and bar right on the beach, a bit pricey but good. Web cam is there also. Please don't touch the turtles, or coral. Have a ball.

mid west
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mexico Blue Dream

What about fish? Can we see an abundance of fish there too? Also, does anyone recall the name of the Bar/restaurant?

leeds
Level Contributor
108 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Mexico Blue Dream

We went by ourselves last year just took a taxi. Hired a life vest I think it was 5$ for the day. Swam out around 50m and saw turtles and other fish. There is also in Akumal about 5 min taxi ride a place where you pay to snorkel make sure you don't end up there cant remember its name.

8. Re: Mexico Blue Dream

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 09:24