We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forecast for next week makin me cry

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Weather forecast for next week makin me cry

I used weather.com and it showed rain Mon - Thu!!!

Then, I checked accuweather.com and it was not much better. I know it only rains for a little while, but it is unseasonably colder this year? When we came to Cancun 2 years ago, it was bloody hot.

Canada
Level Contributor
401 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather forecast for next week makin me cry

The weather forecast called for a lot of rainy days for us too, but, it was wrong! We had rain for about 20 minutes (if that) one day out of 14. Almost every day was sunny with a nice breeze...our last day was overcast.

I checked the weather sites several times daily for about 2 weeks before our trip...it drove me nuts (self inflicted)...so I understand your concern. But, take it from me...it's not worth the panic!! Who really can predict the weather accurately?? All we know for sure is that there will be some kind of weather.

Have a great trip...wishing you lots of sun!

BTW, when are you going?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather forecast for next week makin me cry

Don't be icryalaot! The humidity, the tropics, almost always make for a shower. I can almost guarantee it will be hot! You may experience a little rain-who cares? You'll be in the pool or ocean anyway. Don't worry!!! I was ther 4 weeks ago and it was HOT. A little rain. It's so humid I never wore the sweater I usually take and I'm a coldy.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather forecast for next week makin me cry

Just checked it out. You have 88 degree days and 68 degree nights. I don't see rain? By the way, that webite chages almost hourly. Not to worry. In town those night will be a lot hotter!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather forecast for next week makin me cry

I don't think I am going to look at the weather forecast at all until I get there next Monday!

Edmonton Alberta
Level Contributor
698 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather forecast for next week makin me cry

Check accuweather..

Looks pretty good to me. Beats -25 in Edmonton tonight. .

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather forecast for next week makin me cry

Check out the wunderground.com with the location CUN - it says "20% chance of precipitation" and the amount is "trace amounts" or "water equivalent of 1.58 mm or 1 mm" - it is a fairly low amount which means that the probability that it will be rain is 20 % and if it will then the rain will be really short! It is a very good forecast comp.to the all that was happening this winter in Riviera Mayya, the weather is finally getting better.

Edmonton, AB, Canada
Level Contributor
193 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather forecast for next week makin me cry

I was freaked out last year when I checked the weather before we left because it had predicted showers everyday that we were going to be there. And it did shower everyday but for about 20 minutes and then the hot, hot sun would come out and I would wish it would shower again. We are going March 15-22 and I see that the there is showers in the forecast again but this time I could care less because I know that it means a short little shower at some time during the day that will feel great. So, itryalot, don't be sad, it will be bloody hot this year too!

PS. I woke up to -30 this morning and am counting the seconds until I feel the heat of the sun.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
64 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather forecast for next week makin me cry

Remember that this is a 20% chance that it will rain SOMEWHERE in the area, not everywhere. Been here three days and only a few scattered showers and plenty hot. Bit of a burn already.

YOu're from Detroit, trust me.... you'll be plenty warm.

Wayne

chicago, il
Level Contributor
273 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather forecast for next week makin me cry

It's very common to get a short shower every day anywhere tropical, even Florida. During certain times of the year in Florida we would get a shower for an hour every day at 4pm. The rest of the day would be hot and sunny and beautiful. I'd expect the same with that forecast in Playa.

10. Re: Weather forecast for next week makin me cry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 02:20