We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iberostar parisio del mar, iberostar tucan or riu playacar??

Essex, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
iberostar parisio del mar, iberostar tucan or riu playacar??

Which would be the best? we have 2 kids 9 and 6. We love a good beach. Some fun things for the kids too.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iberostar parisio del mar, iberostar tucan or riu playacar??

iberostar parisio del mar is the only one of 3 on the good beach, the other two are located on the Playacar beach with the erosion, sand bags, drop off - a lot of things that you usually never see on the vacation in Mexico.

southwestern ontario
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: iberostar parisio del mar, iberostar tucan or riu playacar??

just returned yesterday from Iberostar Tucan...liked it because it is not a really BIG resort...beach was not the best ... sandbags etc. but there was enought room to sunbath and swim...windy though...most days red flag up...heard that Paraiso is a part of five resorts...MEGA RESORT...stayed at Riu Playacar 3 years ago...much smaller resort...6 buildings...checked it out the other day...beach was smaller due to erosion and sandbags...hope this helps

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: iberostar parisio del mar, iberostar tucan or riu playacar??

roechr - do you have a picture of the beach, the way they put it in is different from the next door resorts and I was trying to explain it to the people but it kind of hard - I need the visual support:(

CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: iberostar parisio del mar, iberostar tucan or riu playacar??

We stayed at the IB Lindo in 2007 and it is a gorgeous resort (right beside the Del Mar but more upscale.) The beach was very nice and the food is very good. My son loved the tennis and beach activities like Beach Olympics. I loved the morning stretching/aeobics class on the beach. The pools are numerous and large/gorgeous. It IS a large resort and for that reason I would choose the IB Tucan out of your list. My friend repeatedly returns to the IB Tucan. The Tucan is more "jungly" than the IB Lindo. I personally love wide open spaces so the Lindo really rates high in beauty and attention to detail. The Del Mar is nice but showing it's age, we liked the Lindo better.

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
634 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: iberostar parisio del mar, iberostar tucan or riu playacar??

del mar- they totally cater towards families and kids.

6. Re: iberostar parisio del mar, iberostar tucan or riu playacar??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 18:18