We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 3 Adults Only Resorts?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto, ontario
Level Contributor
268 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Top 3 Adults Only Resorts?

Would appreciate opinions on the top 3 adults only resorts in Playa Del Carmen.

Thanks

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
284 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top 3 Adults Only Resorts?

I have done alot of research, on TA, and other places online. My husband and I picked The Valentine Imperial Maya resort, they have beautiful suites, great pool, awesome beach, amazing food etc. etc... we are going 4/5, and can't wait. So that is my suggestion. good luck.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,899 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top 3 Adults Only Resorts?

Royal Hideaway for a top ai resort

Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
290 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top 3 Adults Only Resorts?

Last time I walked by the Royal Hideaway, they had NO beach... Never stayed there, but if you like the beach, you may research before you go.

Stowe, Vermont
Level Contributor
7,084 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top 3 Adults Only Resorts?

What do you mean by "top?" Top-rated by folks on TA, number of stars or other type of rating? AI only?

Royal Hideaway is not really adult only - ages 13 and up are allowed. The beach is in bad, bad shape, which is a shame.

Valentin Imperial Maya is a mid-price range resort. It is adult-only.

The Iberostar Grand and Secrets Maroma Beach are not in Playa del Carmen, but are a notch above the Valentin and are adult-only.

Grand Velas is a family AI that is very exclusive and pricey, but as an adults-only section. It is more luxurious than either the Grand or Secrets Maroma.

Maroma Resort is not AI but top notch.

Zoetry is probably the most luxurious around - I think it is adults-only.

Another range resort is the Royal in Playa del Carmen. It is actually in PDC and is adult-only.

Good luck with finding the resort that is best for you!

Houston, Tx
Level Contributor
290 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top 3 Adults Only Resorts?

there are several 'ADULT" resorts. Adult is classified as 18 and over....but for adult play , you cannot beat Desires Cancun and Hidden Beach Resort.

orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
271 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Top 3 Adults Only Resorts?

Also look into Secrets Maroma, its new, adults only, very high marks on here, best beach down there, great service and food, rooms are very nice, spa is great, cant go wrong there, never heard the word no once.

tx
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top 3 Adults Only Resorts?

The Valentin came really highly recommended to my husband and i by our best friends. We are going 5/16 and they are actually going with us.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top 3 Adults Only Resorts?

People we met said the Grand Velas adult section was heads and tails above the Secrets Maroma. We were adults only and the few kids there did not bother us; adult only section, adult only food, adult only dining after a certain hour.

9. Re: Top 3 Adults Only Resorts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 20:18