We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what resort to bring my 1 year old?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
255 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
what resort to bring my 1 year old?

I am looking to travel to Maya Riviera in May with my husband and 1 year old baby. My husband and I have been big world travelers, and our daughter has already traveled a bit,but not yet out of the country.

I am leaning toward the new Grand Velas. I would like a place with excellent everything. In Mexico with a baby at least 4 or 5 star. Rooms, food, pool and beach. I would also like the resort to have babysitting so we can have some time alone.

Am I crazy to travel here with a baby?

Any advice would be helpful. It seems like all the best places are adult only.

CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what resort to bring my 1 year old?

Try the Iberostar Lindo. We went last year with our son and I thought is was a great resort. It is truly beautiful, a lot of attention to detail. There are numerous gorgeous large pools, beach is very nice, ala cartes/service very good. It is a large resort/property in terms of having sister resorts all in a row and one adults only as well. It is geared to families so there are a lot of kids. The wave pool is ideal for little ones because of the zero entry and the wave action is only for about 15 minutes every hour. During the non wave time I saw a ton of families with little ones enjoying this pool.

I can't comment about the babysitting because we didn't use it. This is definately a 4 star resort. The IB Maya is a bit more upscale which is right beside the IB Lindo but I didn't like the "feel" of the Maya, I totally preferred the IB Lindo but look at the photos and see if the Maya appeals to you more. The only drawback to the resort is size but we happen to prefer smaller more intimate resorts. I totally recommend it.

I don't think you are crazy to travel to Mexico with a baby at all because Mexico is very geared to families. This will be our 4th vacation in April.

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,622 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what resort to bring my 1 year old?

I have been to the Grand Velas in Nuevo Vallarta and they bend over backward to satisfy young couples with babies. They have excellent room service and babysitters so if the baby is napping you can order up room service and still get some sun on the patio. They will also get you room service from any of the gourmet restaurants if you just want to have an evening in. They only do this for couples with small children, not for jerks who demand it because they didn't bring appropriate dinner wear. It is true luxury. Enjoy!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
255 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what resort to bring my 1 year old?

Sounds good. I sent them an email asking some questions about bringing a baby. How was the beach in the puerto vallarta location?

Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,622 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what resort to bring my 1 year old?

The beach is not my kind of water as I like to see my toes so it was not my kind of beach, the PDC water is alot more to my liking by far.

5. Re: what resort to bring my 1 year old?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 08:23