We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you could only pick one

Level Contributor
40 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
If you could only pick one

We will be staying at the Riu Tequila from April 17 thru April 22nd and was wondering if there was one tour not to miss what would it be?

Not sure if I will ever get back to Mexico so I want this to trip to be the best. There are so many diffent ruins choices and others I wont have the time or money to do them all so want to know which is the best.

So the question.... What is the one tour that can't be missed?

Exotik Mayan Tours
Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Mercanti Viaggi
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
KayTours
Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Archaeology Tours
Paseo Tours
Sightseeing Tours
CT
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you could only pick one

It really depends on your interests. This will be our fourth trip in April and we always thought we would never return to one place more than once....but we have because there is SO much to see and explore in Mexico.

My favorite excursion has been with Alltournative Tours. We did the Mayan Encounter to climb Coba, zipline and more. This was an awesome day trip with life long memories for my family. This year I want to go to Akumal to snorkel with the sea turtles.

Have a great vacation.

Level Contributor
40 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you could only pick one

Silver thanks for the info I was thinking one of the ruins trips not a big water person. I know that sounds crazy going to Mexico but it is what it is. I will look into the tour u mentioned. Thanks again hope u have a wonderful trip as well. Countin down the days.

Stoneham...
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you could only pick one

We did a Coba ruin trip two years ago with Yucatrek...I felt as if I had really experienced something special that day...We went to the Coba ruins and had a great guide, then we went to a Cenote and swam (some people only watched) then off for a traditional Mayan lunch at a very rustic, very local restaurant, quite good and a great experience. Then we stopped at a little roadside home in which the family sold some little trinkets. We met the dad and mom with a beautiful little baby. They showed us there little garden and some of there animals...

This was an amazing day, we loved it...

We did Chitzen Itza last year, yes it is amazing and the "Big Ben" of things to see in this area...but for us Coba has our hearts...

Have fun planning :)

wi
Level Contributor
167 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you could only pick one

I will be at the Tequila next week. I believe if I do a tour it will be with Edventure, as you can pick what you do it is private. I emailed them and it is $75 per person they do have equipment for you. You can search and find lots of info on them. I guess my reasoning was similar to you, I may not go again so I wanted to go a few places not just one.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
285 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If you could only pick one

My advice it to relax and enjoy your trip. Assuming you're arriving on the 17th and leaving on the 22nd - this gives you only four day to enjoy what is already at your footsteps. My recommendation would be to enjoy PDC - and you'll be back!

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
13,029 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If you could only pick one

Edventure Tours does a super job. Just do a search in for past posts. You set up your tour, and if you find something especially appealing they will stay all day there, now a certain amount of lobbying will take place with the others in your group. They are located in Tulum, outside the gates. But, any of them will tell you that Coba is a better ruin to see. Swimming with the turtles was fun, but nothing like being stared down by a big barracuda, that was way cool. They pick you up at your hotel, and drop you off after the tour. The best part is the knowledge you pick up from your guide.

There are a few add ons to bring up the price. They will sell you an underwater camera, or bring your own, but they will rent your group an underwater digital camera and your guide will take most of the pictures for you. $30 That may be split many ways. They will also check to see if you have the proper biodegradable sun lotion. $10 for the lotion. Their own special zip lines are an extra charge, but much better then Hidden Worlds.

Level Contributor
40 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If you could only pick one

Wow all these posts are great Thanks to all of you for responding. I will look into each of them and appricate eveyone taking the time to post. I will update on where and what we decide to do.

Level Contributor
40 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If you could only pick one

Went to check out the tour with Yucatrek go figure the one Thusday we are there it is not available. My luck!

Level Contributor
40 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If you could only pick one

Im stupid just figured out the dates and I am not even there on a Thurs. Maybe I'll find another that tour did sound great

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: If you could only pick one

Thumbs Up for Coba.

OT3: for some reason I was under the impression the Edventure was an excurion service. Reading you post-so have their own grounds? or use another's zips?

just curious. They get great reviews.