We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentin Imperial..is this a good deal??

Texas
Level Contributor
167 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Valentin Imperial..is this a good deal??

Is $1766 for two people W/O airfare and transfers for 6 nights a good deal??

That's through CheapCarribean. The highest I found was through BookIt for $2339, Apple was at $1860 and FunJet at $1828.

Thanks

London, Canada
Level Contributor
306 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentin Imperial..is this a good deal??

Depends on the dates you are going - if you're looking during high season, IMHO it's a reasonable deal, but not a GREAT one...check some of the UK sites as they often seem cheaper (tho some resorts won't take North American reservations, the Valentin did for us) - quickrooms.com is the one that first comes to mind...

Texas
Level Contributor
167 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentin Imperial..is this a good deal??

We are planning either 4/24 thru 5/30 or 5/1 thru 5/7.

Same price on CheapCarribean for both times, $1766.

Thanks

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentin Imperial..is this a good deal??

Hmmm...it seems like you could get better....we got 5 nights out of Detroit for $1085/pp...so this is airfare & 5 nights for the basic room. I paid separate for a transfer through cancuntranfers.com. Did you check Expedia?..that's where we ended up booking. Plus our $1085 includes their trip insurance. Did Atlanta ever fess up where he got his good deal...he seemed to be avoiding the question :-)

Dallas, TX
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentin Imperial..is this a good deal??

Wow I am jealous about your deal Hondo. Our deal was more than that however 4/24 - 4/29 may be a peak time.

Slicktop I sent you a PM yesterday with my thoughts on your quote.

Level Contributor
403 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentin Imperial..is this a good deal??

We just got back last night. We paid $2400 including a DIRECT flight from Newark to Cancun. We were there for 5 nights and also received the transfer to and from the airport.

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentin Imperial..is this a good deal??

Our price is for April 17 - 22...we leave in 17 days. It's a direct flight from Detroit to Cancun...arriving at 9 AM into Cancun on a Friday morning. $1085 per person...with the insurance...I think we got a great deal. The cancun transfer is private & will cost me about $20 per person..we have 4 in the car. I booked on Jan. 16..so 3 months before trip time. I have been monitoring the price for the same flights/dates/room..last time I checked on Marh 9..the price went up to $1125 per person through Expedia.

Dallas, TX
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Valentin Imperial..is this a good deal??

Ahh ok your price is per person ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Chicago
Level Contributor
690 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Valentin Imperial..is this a good deal??

Try Orbitz. It was $2010 for two people including non-stop air from Chicago last I checked. They also had a promo code, but not sure if it's still good. It's $200 off 6 nights or more, entertain200.

Dallas, TX
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Valentin Imperial..is this a good deal??

How was the trip Queezi? Did you leave any alcohol for us? hehe

Texas
Level Contributor
167 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Valentin Imperial..is this a good deal??

we are planning on 5/1 thru 5/7, six nights for two people resort only (we are using miles for the airfare) w/o transfers in the basic suite @ 1766.00.

I'm now also thinking about Grand Sunset Princess Resort. A pool access suite with jacuzzi upgrade for $1223.00 total for two people thru BookIt.

I have not seen any reviews on this resort so I'm not sure if it's a too good to be deal for the $$ or not.

Has anyone beed to the Grand Sunset and if so I would really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.....