We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High School Seniors plus Parent Group- AIl Inclusive

chicago,IL
Level Contributor
235 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
High School Seniors plus Parent Group- AIl Inclusive

We are looking for a resort for high school senior

girls and parents going too. Looking for best beach

and nice rooms. Grand Velas looks fabulous, but a touch

pricey. Parents are all friends too and want to make it a great trip for the girls. Thanks so much.

Portsmouth, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: High School Seniors plus Parent Group- AIl Inclusive

The Riu Yucatan or Riu Playacar are both excellent and also within walking distance to Play del Carmen.

You can find out about these and the other Rui resorts in the area at riubambu.com. There are a total of 6 Riu resorts in the immediate area and 3 others in Cancun.

2. Re: High School Seniors plus Parent Group- AIl Inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 April 2009, 10:28
Boston, MA
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: High School Seniors plus Parent Group- AIl Inclusive

I've been to Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal with my parents and brother (2 yrs younger) every year since i was 17 (now 23) and love it every year.. the starfriends staff is awesome, there's always activities/games going on during the day, shows every night and a discoteque on the resort that's always fun, I would definitely recommend it!

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: High School Seniors plus Parent Group- AIl Inclusive

Chicago, this is where a GREAT travel agent can relaly help you.

I think you need to figure out first exactly what you want. I assume all inclusive. Activities, beach, proximity to Playa.

How many students and how many parents? You need to set up "rules and regs" for the trip before you go. In fact, I would make a contract and have each student and her parents sign......

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: High School Seniors plus Parent Group- AIl Inclusive

Cancun for groups of high school seniors.

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
128 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: High School Seniors plus Parent Group- AIl Inclusive

Sandos playacar would be a good choice for you

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: High School Seniors plus Parent Group- AIl Inclusive

Are you planning on letting the girls party non-stop as most seniors do, or are they there on vacation with their parents and staying at the hotel full time? If they are there to party I suggest cancun! However, I'm taking my sister as a graduation gift to Riu tequila. She dosen't want to do the full on party thing plus it is highly rated and a good price.

CT
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: High School Seniors plus Parent Group- AIl Inclusive

The RIU Tequila is not right on the beach, in case you are a beach lover.

I'd recommend the IB Lindo, gorgeous resort, very nice beach, very good restaurants.

The IB Tucan is closer to town and smaller, my girlfriend has vacationed there several times and loves it. It has a jungle atmosphere and is right beside the Sandos Playacar. We are returning to the Sandos Playacar for our third vacation but during our vacations the majority of kids are much younger than high school seniors.

chicago,IL
Level Contributor
235 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: High School Seniors plus Parent Group- AIl Inclusive

Is the Sandos Playacar the former Gala?

We have traveled to Playa del Carmen a couple of times

and stayed there, but knew it changed hands. We

want a great beach. Main priority! Thanks for all the

advice. We are all experienced travelers so will probably not use a travel agent unless we decide it

is easier that way. Six girls and six pairs of parents

going. Will double the girls up in two rooms of 3 each

probably. All advice is welcome! Parents want more

upscale. Thinking of Royal Hideaway or Riu Palace maybe? Parents plan to have nice dinners together and

let the girls be somewhat independent. Have seeen

the Cancun scene at Spring Break- not for us!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
671 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: High School Seniors plus Parent Group- AIl Inclusive

We went w/ 6 other families and took 7 high school seniors to Sandos a couple of weeks ago. It was very nice.

Our boys loved the resort. Had a lot of fun and were well-behaved.