We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best resort for 17 year old boy

Summerland B C
Level Contributor
309 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best resort for 17 year old boy

I'm trying to figure out best resort for teenage boy.I'm looking into Viva Wyndham Maya and at Sandos playacar Riviera.Thanks Gaylene

East Central Indiana
Level Contributor
293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best resort for 17 year old boy

What's he into? Sun, surf, girls, activities?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
606 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best resort for 17 year old boy

Think you were on a previous post about Viva Maya. I have not been to Sandos, but your son will have a great time at Viva Maya. I was there with my 16 year old and she had a blast.

3. Re: Best resort for 17 year old boy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 21:49
MJo
Spring Grove, IL
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best resort for 17 year old boy

Most of the resorts have activities for kids. Either of those with be good choices. If you want to stay in the Playacar area, the RIU Tequila would be great as well (or because it's not directly on the beach, you can stay at the RIU Playacar or Yucatan and still go to the Tequila).

Since you mentioned Sandos Playacar, you might also want to check out the Sandos Caracol. It's a little bit out of town, but they do have a shuttle. It's a nice property as well.

Summerland B C
Level Contributor
309 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best resort for 17 year old boy

Thanks for all the help I went to royal decameron 2 years ago.My son found it hard to find the teens sometimes maybe because of excursion im not sure.So im thinking of a resort that alot of teens go to and maybe not too big so kids find each other.He likes water polo he also knows how to surf its been a few years though .He likes pool-table and air hokey.The three resorts I have looked at are viva ,tequila. and sandos.Viva $1456 or tequila $4233 or Sandos $3150This is hotel prices for June 23 to July 7. 2 adults and teen 17 threw Belair travel. With Viva giving teen no charge might mean more teens.Thanks Gaylene

MJo
Spring Grove, IL
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best resort for 17 year old boy

I would go with the Viva then. And, it's very close to Playa.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best resort for 17 year old boy

the grand palladium resorts Kantenah, colonial white sands and Riviera have a teen club. you can find lots about this resort at Palladium addicts web forum

Marion, North...
Level Contributor
732 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best resort for 17 year old boy

We're considering Catalonia Playa Maroma next summer and will be traveling with our then 16 year old son. Will he have fun there? Lots of places seem to have things for little kids, not so much for older kids.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best resort for 17 year old boy

You are correct in your assumption that with the Viva Wyndham Maya's policy to charge kids prices until 18-teen there will be more teens - we stayed there about 9 month ago and there were tons of teens, and besides of the price in my opinion with their activities it is the best resort for the teens. I wrote a review then, click on my screen name to read it.

10. Re: Best resort for 17 year old boy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2010, 06:21