We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Viva Wyndham Maya.... how is safety?

brenmary
3 posts
Save Topic
Going to Viva Wyndham Maya.... how is safety?

Hi there,

I am planning on going for four night to this resort, May 13-17 but I have heard a lot of reports about the dangers of traveling in mexico... did everyone who went feel safe? We would fly into Cancun. As well, I am planning on booking through cheapcarribean and I want to make sure I receive all the good amentities like a fridge, H2O, beer in the rooms, etc. and a nice room as well. Any suggestions to get all this? Should I email the hotel or join the Wyndam club? Any other suggestions more than welcome! thanks!

CT
Level Contributor
2,125 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Viva Wyndham Maya.... how is safety?

We just returned from Sandos Playacar which is south of your resort. Please don't worry, I felt safe the entire trip just like when we visited in 2005, 2006 & 2007.

Have a great vacation.

The Villages...
Level Contributor
258 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Viva Wyndham Maya.... how is safety?

We arrive at Viva Maya on May 5th for 8 days. We never worry about safety and have been going to Viva Maya for years. Most of the new rooms in the front of the hotel have fridges plus they have an adults only pool there. The resort is always well kept and the staff is always friendly and courteous. You might want to book a transfer from the airport to the hotel in advance or you can take the bus to the bus station in downtown Playa del Carmen and then take a taxi to your hotel. Don't pay attention to the timeshare sharks as you walk out of the airport. It is a 15 minute walk from Viva Maya to downtown or you can take a taxi for $5US each way. We have walked back from town in the evening and have never been worried. You will enjoy this resort and your vacation.

3. Re: Going to Viva Wyndham Maya.... how is safety?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 05:29