We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

well so sad two weeks to day we would be in heaven.......

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
well so sad two weeks to day we would be in heaven.......

well trying to cancel mexico with thomas cook no luck yet, booking for the dominican there is next year for the lovely iberostar tucan... all the best in finding a new holiday cuba is all so good was there 3 times last year love the place Ann x

London, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: well so sad two weeks to day we would be in heaven.......

Hello Ann,

I just about managed to get through to Thomas Cook this morning. They said they are dealing with immediate travellers 1st and then taking a wait and see attitude towards travellers due to fly later this month ( I was due to travel on the 24th ). I don't know how long this will take to blow over.

I do think its all out of proportion and would have been happy to go even if it meant validating my insurance. I remember travelling during SARs and the media over hyped that incident too and caused panic and paranoia. The WHO still hasn't advised against closing boarders or travelling but what can we do when the travel company's cancel the flights.

Hope you manage to get everything sorted Ann and have a great trip where ever you go.

Lets hope that this clears up quickly as its going to harm the already fragile Mexican economy even further.

newcastle uk
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: well so sad two weeks to day we would be in heaven.......

Hi we are flying from manchester to cancun on the 20 may, and would still love to go but if were advised not to then will change to possibly jamaica, its so so sad to hear all of these stories. Only the flight from manchester and gatwick due to go out today have been cancelled and they have not made any dicision about tomorrow and so on.

Cork
Level Contributor
120 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: well so sad two weeks to day we would be in heaven.......

Due to travel on the 19th from Gatwick to Cancun.

Cosmos today have cancelled all flights up till 8th May and will review others after that. THis is a statement on their website thios morning.

The problem I have is I live in Ireland and they have not advised not travelling to Mexico ATM - therefore my insurance is not going to kick in if I cancel.

I am completely gutted.

newcastle uk
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: well so sad two weeks to day we would be in heaven.......

just read thomas cook have cancelled all flights to cancun up ti the 5 th may

N Wales
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: well so sad two weeks to day we would be in heaven.......

Samcork. it doesn't matter that you are from Ireland my friend.

If you had been due to fly from Gatwick this morning the flight was cancelled and travellers were offered a refund because the carriers will not send people to destinations blacklisted by the FCO or WHO.

hope this helps alleviate your fears.

basically most insurances will not cover you for travel to these blacklisted countries and as its usually the tour operators that sell you the policies- for instance read thomsons policy and it states you are NOT COVERED for countries where the FCO has advised against travel- so all the people who bought thomson travel insurance to go to mexico are NOT COVERED so the ounus is on the carriers- hence the refunds offered whilst this travel advice is in force.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: well so sad two weeks to day we would be in heaven.......

hi to every one cancelled more's the pitty but now going to the DR found holidays going up megga DR was 889 monday night to day when changed it was 1060 robing sods hoe you all get sorted Ann x

7. Re: well so sad two weeks to day we would be in heaven.......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2009, 05:21