We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PDC Honeymoon advice

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas City
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
PDC Honeymoon advice

We are looking to homeymoon in PDC in Sept. '05. We are in our late 20's early 30's and want an all-inclusive nice place. Any advice on great places for homeymooners? I know nothing about the properties except for the popularity listed on this site: #1 Kailuum, #2 ikal del Mar, #3 Occidental, #4 Iberostar Tucan.

Basically, we like to drink a ton and enjoy the sun. We need a nice room but not necessarily the Rain Man suite.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PDC Honeymoon advice

Royal Hideaway is great...pricey, but worth it. Also, have you checked out Secrets Excellence? Might be more for your age group. Definitely a honeymooner's place also.

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
100 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PDC Honeymoon advice

Hi - I'm also from KC. Something you might want to think about is do you mind kids being around or not? We're off to Occidental's Grand Flamenco Xcaret in January - I'll let you know how it is. Congrats on the upcoming wedding.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: PDC Honeymoon advice

Thanks for the tip. I'll check into Secrets as well.

Kansas City
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: PDC Honeymoon advice

Any advice on booking these trips, honeymoons etc. to Mexico? Do most of you book via travel agent or internet? If you use the net, which sites are the best / most reliable?

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
100 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PDC Honeymoon advice

We booked hotel directly thru hotel website - no difference in price. And booked Flight thru Frontier directly also - I'd recommend Frontier as they have a direct flight from MCI, no one else does - $290 airfare (that's all taxes, etc). But Funjet vacations can do the whole deal for you also.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PDC Honeymoon advice

I've found it's better to have a travel agent. That way if there is a mixup of some sort or a problem, you have someone to call. With using the internet, you're on your own. Especially for a honeymoon....USE a travel agent.

Frontier does have direct flights now, but they are filling up very quickly. My sister is meeting me in Cancun in March. She will be going out of MCI, but will have to change planes both ways. We booked the trip in NOvember and there were no direct flights for March....all booked up, so if you want a direct flight, you might want to contact an agent fairly soon.

Best of luck on your wedding! Wherever you decide to stay in the Riviera Maya, you'll love Mexico.

Kansas City, MO
Level Contributor
100 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PDC Honeymoon advice

CandyLady's right on Frontier being booked - we were only able to get the direct flights flying out and back on Mondays. Originally had wanted to go Sunday - Sunday but no direct flight and with a 4 & 5 Yr old, we NEED direct flights. Check Frontier's schedule and availability.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
13,601 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: PDC Honeymoon advice

A drink at Ikal will cost you about $10 each for about 10oz. They can add up quickly. Drinks aren't included.

And Kailuum is basically upscale camping, and doesn't include drinks.

You'll want to think AI if you want to drink a lot.

Frederick, MD
Level Contributor
150 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: PDC Honeymoon advice

I went through a local travel agent who hooked me up with an Apple Vacations package deal. Direct flight from BWI in Maryland to Cancun Int. w/ shuttle bus ride down to RHC.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
24,223 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: PDC Honeymoon advice

At least give your travel agent a call. They can sometimes beat the prices on the net. Do think about the weather in Sept. also!