We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much $ for Biodegradable sunblock at Xel-ha??

Carlsbad, CA
Level Contributor
214 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
How much $ for Biodegradable sunblock at Xel-ha??

Hi All!

I'm running out of time to order biodegradable sunblock online, and have it delivered before our trip...so I was thinking about biting the bullet and buying it at Xel-ha. Anyone know how much it costs on-site? Thanks in advance!

SW VA
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much $ for Biodegradable sunblock at Xel-ha??

I have seen it drug stores here--- I didn't know it was hard to get?? I am almost sure I noticed some in Walmart a while back too.

Carlsbad, CA
Level Contributor
214 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much $ for Biodegradable sunblock at Xel-ha??

Really? I've searched Walmart, Riteaid, Target, everywhere...and I live at the beach, so I thought for sure someone would have it. Especially in SoCal where many people pretend to be "eco-conscious"...j/k. But I really haven't been able to find it so I was just going to order it online. But there isn't that much time now, so if I can buy it at Xel-ha for a reasonable price, I'll just do that.

SW VA
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much $ for Biodegradable sunblock at Xel-ha??

You may be right, I just thought I noticed some at Walgreens the other night and was sure I noticed some at Walmart too (maybe not).

I called a local whole food store here, Annie Kay's Main Steet Market (for those who are local)... they had Kiss My Face, Caribbean Sol and several other brands available. $10.75 a bottle for the Caribbean Sol. Find a local health food store, they will have it.

Carlsbad, CA
Level Contributor
214 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much $ for Biodegradable sunblock at Xel-ha??

oooooh excellent suggestion, never thought of that. i was just at our whole foods market not even 2 hours ago, and i didn't even think to check there! i bet they definitely have it. thanks again!!!

Maryland
Level Contributor
464 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How much $ for Biodegradable sunblock at Xel-ha??

It was $21 at Aqua World in 08. Check the expiration dates.

san antonio/austin...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How much $ for Biodegradable sunblock at Xel-ha??

Last year I bought some snirekling and it cost like $15 for a very small bottle. Great idea I am looking today.

Thanks Tripadvisor!!!

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
809 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much $ for Biodegradable sunblock at Xel-ha??

When we were at Xcheret a few years ago I didn't know you needed biodegradable sunblock so I had brought my own and they gave me a sample packet to use for the day and just held mine at the gate for pick-up when I left.

Cincinnati OH
Level Contributor
173 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much $ for Biodegradable sunblock at Xel-ha??

A few years ago I ended up buying it in the hotel gift shop when we stayed at RIU Palace. I think it was around 15 bucks for a small bottle. I would recommend trying to get it somewhere before you go. If you can't, you can find it down there. I bet your hotel gift shop will have it. Have fun!!!!

nld
Ontario
Level Contributor
438 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much $ for Biodegradable sunblock at Xel-ha??

Do you have to have biodegradable sunblock for Xel-ha? I don't see it mentioned anywhere on their site.

SW VA
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much $ for Biodegradable sunblock at Xel-ha??

Yes, you need it for Xel-Ha, Xcaret, any cenotes you swim in, and reefs... other types kill coral and the delicate environment in the cenotes.