We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentin Imperial Maya or Catalonia Royal Tulum

Germantown, Maryland
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Valentin Imperial Maya or Catalonia Royal Tulum

Hello All!

I am trying to pick between a couple resorts and was wondering if anyone has an opinion on which one is better or maybe a better fit. I've read great reviews on both resorts and have a feeling that either one I pick will be a winner. :)

Things that I find important on a vacation would be 1. Excellent food

2. Cleaniness of the hotel rooms and beautiful grounds.

3. Nice beach to enjoy

4. Also accessible to go on an excusion to the ruins or shopping etc.

Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Evans, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya or Catalonia Royal Tulum

We had the same requirements you list and were looking between these 2 resorts (plus a few others), but booked the Valentin. We got a great rate only $300 total more than CRT!

Apple vacations has Valentin rated a 6 apple and CRT is only 4+ apple. So it just seemed like that way to go. Now if CRT would have been a lot less $$ we would have went there as the beach sounds great! But for only $300 difference, we went with the higher rated resort.

Good luck! I am sure you will love either!

boston, ma
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya or Catalonia Royal Tulum

Wow, those were the exact two resorts I had it narrowed down to! Did you get any more input or are you leaning in either direction?

I was looking at the 'Platinum' room at the Royal and The Golden Suite at the Valentin. I love a nice room and would appreciate more feedback from anyone re: those two room choices to help me pick.

They both seem to be beautiful but boy is it hard to decide!

THANKS in advance for help!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya or Catalonia Royal Tulum

We really enjoyed our trip to the Valentin. I have the restaurant menus and spa menu/prices if you want, just PM me with your email address and I will send them on.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya or Catalonia Royal Tulum

To compare if anyone has input on these resorts:

1-nightlife?

2-Royal beach is how much nicer???

3-Service

4-Restaurant choices/variety??

Thank you!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya or Catalonia Royal Tulum

Hello there, I've been to both and would say pick the Valentin. However, I was at CRT when it was the Copacabana, so maybe now that it's adults only it's changed quite a bit.....I enjoyed it, but there's a big difference in the quality of the CRT as compared to the Valentin; rooms, food, drink, cleanliness, service. Both beaches are lovely, 'tho the Valentin does have some rocks at certain entry points into the water. The Valentin is also a much larger resort. I see that there are some wonderful deals to be had for the Valentin just now - it WAS much more expensive than the CRT. PM me if you have any specific questions. Cheers! Margaret

Germantown, Maryland
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya or Catalonia Royal Tulum

Thank you all for the feedback!

I actually made my decision to go with Valentin I booked the deluxe jr suite and thought if we upgrade we will worry about that at check in.

It was a hard choice they both seem so wonderful. One point my boyfriend and I liked is Valentin is closer to the airport. The sooner we are at the beach with a drink in our hand the better.

We got an great deal and we can't wait for October!

boston, ma
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya or Catalonia Royal Tulum

Where did you book your vaca from? I was looking at expedia for November out of boston 5 nights in deluxe jr. suite for 1680 (includes air)

Any other sites I should check into you can suggest??

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya or Catalonia Royal Tulum

Check out the prices on Orbitz. You could stay for less than that for 6 nights if you use the promotion code "ENTERTAIN200" (has to be 6 nights or more). It's a wonderful resort! Cheers, Margaret

Evans, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya or Catalonia Royal Tulum

nllMD---when in Cotober will you be there??? We are there Octo 3-13th! Can't wait!

boston, ma
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Valentin Imperial Maya or Catalonia Royal Tulum

That's a GREAT deal from Orbitz, do I push it to have people watch my kids another night??