We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a couple opinions about RIU (please)

Indialantic, Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need a couple opinions about RIU (please)

I'm booking a trip for July and I've found great deals at RIU Lupita and RIU Tequila. The total price at Lupita is $100 cheaper. I've read the reviews and both seem like they would meet our needs, but is there a good reason I should pay more to stay at the Tequila?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,961 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a couple opinions about RIU (please)

You know neither resort is on the beach. Only a 5 minute walk to the beach from the tequila or you can take the shuttle. Tequila is a nicer resort.

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
497 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a couple opinions about RIU (please)

I have stayed at both, and I guess it depends what exactly you are looking for.

The Lupita is an older resort, and as such, the rooms are not as "nice" as the Tequilla. We however, don't spend a lot of time in our room so makes no big difference to us.

The Lupita is smaller, so I found better service and actually thought the food was better at the Lupita.

As neither are on the beach, that must not matter to you. As far as the beach clubs go, I think the Lupita's is nicer, but the food and drink selection at their beach club is not as extensive as at the Tequilla. However, as you can use the facilities at all 4, that again was not a huge deal to us.

The bus from the Lupita to the beach club runs every half hour, and always runs on time. You can exit off the bus and ick it up on the return trip at the entracne to 5th Avenue, which is a nice bonus. However, if you were staying at the Tequilla, you could also walk down to the Lupita Beach Club entrance and catch the bus to the 5th Ave entrance.

So, not sure this would help you decide or not. For $100 difference, I would suggest the Tequilla, and when there, check out the Lupita. That way, in the future, you can decide which best meets your needs.

Hope this helps!

3. Re: Need a couple opinions about RIU (please)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2009, 07:21