We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexcio mapquest?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
142 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Mexcio mapquest?

Help! I leave for the airport in a couple of hours and need directions from the Cancun airport to Grand Velas

Carretera Cancun Tulum Km. 62,Playa del Carmen, Municipio de Solidaridad Quintana Roo 77710, Mexico

Does anyone know of a Mexico mapquest? We're renting a car. Thanks

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,762 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexcio mapquest?

I'm sure you'll do fine. With your extensive travel experience and skills it should be a piece of cake.

OT will help you. He's an expert.

Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
442 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexcio mapquest?

Leave the airport, and head towards Playa del Carmen/Tulum. Drive about 20 minutes, on the highway, and start looking to your left. The Grand Vela is located before you enter into Playa. It has a humongous entrance, which is a huge white wall, with fountains and a beautiful pool. You really can't miss it. It is a straight shot.

3. Re: Mexcio mapquest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 June 2009, 20:30
Atlanta
Level Contributor
142 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexcio mapquest?

I didn't realize that to get anywhere you just take the highway from Cancun down to Tulum...piece of cake to find everything! Thanks. We had a great time at the Grand Velas! Renting a car was the best thing!

wales
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexcio mapquest?

hello could you tell me how much to hire a car for a week please

Atlanta
Level Contributor
142 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mexcio mapquest?

thrifty.com

hertz.com

avis.com

or kayak.com for comparison rates...but don't forget insurance is $22 a day added on, so it's a lot more expensive than it looks. I was told I needed to just go ahead and get the insurance while in MX in case anything happened.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,664 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mexcio mapquest?

Good advice to get the insurance when you rent the car. Dont believe that the credit card will cover you because that can cause you huge problems in case of an accident.

8. Re: Mexcio mapquest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2009, 05:21