We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

xcaret vs xel-ha

Missouri
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
xcaret vs xel-ha

While I am in PDC we are doing the Whale Shark swim and also going to Akumal and Yal-Kul Lagoon, so I am afraid we might be a bit water logged after all of that. The all inclusive of xel-ha sounds like a better value, but it has less variety. On the other had Xcaret has more to do and see, but the plus does not seem like it is as good of a deal. Also if we do go to Xcaret is the dinner show worth the extra money?

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
204 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: xcaret vs xel-ha

Having been to both twice, I would suggest Xcaret would probably suit you better, Xel-ha is superb, but as you are already going swimming with whale sharks, Akumal and Yal-Kul Lagoon, as you say you may be "a bit water logged".

Both times we have done the Xcaret Plus but not had the evening dinner show, what we have done is had a snack during the day and used the included meal voucher at the restaurant La Cocina which is next to the arena where they have the horse display at 17.20 (double check times), if you get to La Cocina around 16.30 you can eat your meal while watching the horse display.

By the time the horse display and your meal have finished it's about time to head to the main arena for the show.

The Plus option also includes towel,locker and equipment hire as well as a couple of drinks voucher so (in my opinion) is worth the money,although we have not tried the evening dinner at the show , people we have spoken to have said it is nothing special.

RG

CT
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: xcaret vs xel-ha

I haven't been to Xel ha but we loved Xcaret. We bought the dinner show combo ticket and it was well worth it. The show was excellent and the dinner was good and served in several courses plus you had better seats (i.e. comfort and view) We really loved the turtle exhibit, make sure you see that. Food is expensive so bring snacks and water bottles in your bag and make sure you wear comfy shoes as this is a LARGE property. We got there at opening and stayed to closing time and didn't see it all.

Michigan
Level Contributor
185 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: xcaret vs xel-ha

We loved Xel Ha and chose it over Xcaret since we heard it was less touristy and busy. I believe its a bit cheaper too and we loved, loved, loved the all inclusive food deal.

USA
Level Contributor
7,144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: xcaret vs xel-ha

Both places are great but they are very different. Xel-Ha is the place to go if you want to do a lot of safe snorkeling and water activities. We have found Xel-Ha to be less crowded than Xcaret and they have a great all-inclusive package. Xcaret is more like a theme park with a little of everything (but limited snorkeling) and a good night show. I would go to their web sites and check them out. My wife and I prefer Xel-Ha.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: xcaret vs xel-ha

xcaret is great lots to see & swiming down the under ground river was great

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
663 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: xcaret vs xel-ha

I am going against the majority here and saying I hate Xcaret, but love Xel-ha. Xcaret is too large and its too hot and hard to do in a day. Xel-Ha is small enough to not be overwhelmed and absolutely fabulous. Lots of shady places to relax if you want to lay around for a while, hammocks are close to a restaurant so you can get a water, beer or soda.

Montreal
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: xcaret vs xel-ha

Which one you would recommend for children under 4 years old?

8. Re: xcaret vs xel-ha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2009, 05:16