We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - going mad!

Dumfries
Level Contributor
108 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Help - going mad!

I've booked the Sensatori for next May, and while I would like to make it absolutely clear I've no issue with the resort itself, I've serious concerns about the beach, to the extent I am now looking into swapping resorts.

To give you a background - hubs and I have travelled to Cuba and the maldives - both with fab beaches and crystal clear water.

We are totally beach people and this is my reason for looking elsewhere other than the AS - we were sold the holiday on what now transpires is a CGI of the beach (didn't know this at the time). We both love to snorkel and swim in the sea, and while I know the snorkelling might not be that great at the beachline in Mexico - I want to be able to swim in the sea and it looks like that wouldn't be too enjoyable at the AS.

Can anyone recommend a resort that has a fab beach, and a gourmet inclusive concept like the AS? I'm not bothered about a childfree environment but this is our last (hopefully) holiday without a baby and we want it to be perfect.

If it helps to know - we've visited the Playa Pesquero in Cuba and Meeru Island Resort in the Maldives.

CT
Level Contributor
2,123 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - going mad!

Try the Iberostar Grand. It's not going to have snorkeling but I really don't think Mexico has the best snorkeling anyways.

This year we took a trip to Akumal Bay and snorkeled there which was nice. We saw sea turtles, a sting ray and colorful fish but personally I think Aruba has the best snorkeling and I've snorkeled quite a few places.

The beach at the IB Grand is very nice although you share it with 4 other IB properties. It is only 20 minutes from the airport which is nice.

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - going mad!

The best beach with the good quality resorts is Playa Maroma, there are a few 5 star resorts, you should check them out, if you are totally beach people - that beach is listed as one of the best 20 in the world...

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - going mad!

Secrets Maroma Beach - best beach I've ever seen ANYWHERE! Excellent resort - 5 star all the way. If you want to snorkle - go to Akumal Bay or Ak-kul Lagoon.

Beechluver

Dumfries
Level Contributor
108 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help - going mad!

Thanks folks but it needs to be with either First Choice or Thomsons in the UK. Looking at EDSS - any advice?

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,486 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help - going mad!

Wee,

there are three responses to your other posting on the EDSS, including one from me! I would highly recommend the EDSS as I said in that posting.

Enjoy!

6. Re: Help - going mad!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2010, 05:18