We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valentin upgrade (added value)?

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
981 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Valentin upgrade (added value)?

When we booked our trip with beachdestinations and we got an "added value" of a free room upgrade upon arrival and a $100 spa credit. My question is did anyone else receive these added values upon arrival? It doesn't say anything on our itinerary.

Thanks Laxin

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Valentin upgrade (added value)?

Just make sure you bring the paperwork with you that says about the upgrade/credit (that's in addition to your "normal" reservation paperwork.)

If it is, as you say, NOT on your itinerary...make sure Beach Destinations gives you something that says you get this.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,626 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valentin upgrade (added value)?

Its funny, when we were there last year, they just gave us an upgrade to a golden jr swim out and a $400 spa credit. We didn't even ask for it and the spa credit was not part of our reservation.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
981 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valentin upgrade (added value)?

We already printed out the "Added Value" information from beachdestinations. I'm going to call them this afternoon and see if we can get something in writing from them.

I'm hoping we can get upgrade to a swim-out room.

Thanks

Laxin

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valentin upgrade (added value)?

I got home from the Valentin a week ago. I had the "guaranteed upgrade" from Orbitz - who don't give it in writing (I inquired - they said it was on the hotel's booking system). There was no problem at check-in. I had booked a de-luxe and was upgraded to Silver. Normally, the upgrade is to the "next" level. Margaret

delaware
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Valentin upgrade (added value)?

How was the silver? We also have the $100 spa credit and free up grade. Also, do I ask and make a reservation for the spa at check in? Thanks!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valentin upgrade (added value)?

T1b: Silver was very nice suite. I stayed in Golden suite first visit. Difference is that Silver is smaller, with smaller bathroom, separated from rest by a gauze curtain (wooden partition in Golden) but still two sinks. Both times I was in top floor with ocean view in distance, the view of ocean,being better from the Silver. No, you don't need to book the Spa when checking in - do it at your leisure. Margaret

7. Re: Valentin upgrade (added value)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2010, 07:17