We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help with wedding date and time

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
5 posts
Save Topic
Need Help with wedding date and time

I am planning a wedding in Playa Del Carmen for the first week in June of '10. Does anybody know what is the best time of the day to hold a wedding (we want it on the beach)? How likely is rain? At what time of day? ANy advice would be great. Thanks!

CT
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Help with wedding date and time

We have traveled to Mexico 4xs and have seen some beautiful weddings on the beach. Generally they seem to be early afternoon but some are later.

When my DH and I got married on the beach (in the U.S.) we had a morning wedding and we thought it was perfect. Keep in mind that afternoons in Mexico are going to be pretty hot especially if you are wearing a traditional wedding gown. There is normally a very strong breeze so that keeps it cooler but plays havoc with the hair. It is also humid in Mexico so I'm always fighting the frizz as well. I would definately recommend having your hair up with lots of hairspray.

If you aren't interested in a morning wedding, I'd recommend late afternoon or evening. Personally I wouldn't enjoy all that waiting during the day, that's why we loved a morning wedding with a brunch following.

Best wishes to you and your family!!

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need Help with wedding date and time

Generally it is very hot in the summer in Riviera Maya but it is still not that bad in June. You should consider that there is no sunset on the beach in that location as the sun sets inland (but there is a good sunrise from the sea but it is to early I would say). Also the quality of the beach is different between the resorts so pay attention to it, I would not limit the search by the PDC only but look for other places along the coast as well and may be on the ther side in Puerto Vallarta/Nuevo Vallarta also. Some of the resorts have very nice settings for the wedding on the beach as Grand Palladium in Puerto Aventuras, they have big white marble gazebo right on the beach.

Usually if it rains, it happens afternoon.

new york/new jersey...
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need Help with wedding date and time

love, i've been going to the same resort for yrs now and have seen sooooo many weddings on the beach...all of them have been late afternoon when the sun is not directly overhead or early eve bf the sun goes down and the party continued on the beach all nite ( eating, drinking,music, dancing etc ) or they celebrated afterward on the resort w/everyone...i go to an all inclusive resort...remember,june is hot and the sun goes down later than in oct (daylight savings and all)...

congratulations :)

ps-if u go on facebook sandos resort has pix posted of a recent wedding on the beach...they have an awesome beach there and if i wasn't married already i would get married there ...

Calgary
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need Help with wedding date and time

Thanks so much for your help!

5. Re: Need Help with wedding date and time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2010, 06:18