We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandos Hacienda Suites

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mountainside, New...
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sandos Hacienda Suites

Im close to booking the Sandos for spring break 2010, and can't decide if we (family of 5) should choose the Hacienda suites or the Sandos Riviera. Does anyone know if the Hacienda's have been renovated?

CT
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandos Hacienda Suites

I don't know if they have been renovated but I can try to give you some info because we visited in April.

The haciendas are located in the middle of the resort between the Beach section (older section nearest beach) and the Riviera section (most modern and furthest from the beach.

I have not been in the hacienda rooms but they remind me of townhouses with small mini pools and some have hammocks. There are only a few buildings which you walk by when going to the Beach or Riviera section.

We have stayed in a Riviera room and they are spacious and modern. I don't think they are gorgeous like some reviewers state but they are nice. If you do decide on the Riviera section, request a pool view because our view was of a chain fence and scraggly jungle.

We LOVE the beach section but I know you can only have 4 individuals in each room in the Beach section.

If you are pool people, I'd definately choose the Riviera over the hacienda but if you are beach people the advantage to the haciendas is the shorter distance to walk to the beach.

If you have questions, just PM me.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
369 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandos Hacienda Suites

The hotel was last renovated in 2008 but I don't know if the Hacienda jr. suites were part of it. I think the hotel was closed during the renovation, which would mean a major over haul.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandos Hacienda Suites

We were there the beginning of July and some of the Hacienda suites were in the process of being remodeled...not sure how many and when they will be done...we Stayed in the Riviera section for the second year in a row and loved it!!!

J

4. Re: Sandos Hacienda Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2010, 07:17