We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from the Valentin

delaware
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Back from the Valentin

Just back from the Valentin....any questions? ;)

Illinois
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Back from the Valentin

Hi...We are leaving next week for our second visit. Are all the restaurants open daily? I have heard that some are closed on a rotating basis. Last year when we were there some of the nightly shows never happened as planned...Still a great resort

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
131 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Back from the Valentin

what room did you originally book and were you offered an upgrade?

did you do any activities or excursions and if so what company did you use?

what company did you use for your transfer from the airport and what was the cost?

how did you enjoy the restaurants?

did you visit the spa? how was that experience?

i am trying to think of ideas for a romantic evening while at the Valentin, based on your visit can you think of any ideas or suggestions?

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
131 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Back from the Valentin

oh and welcome back! although i am sure you wish you were still there :)

delaware
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Back from the Valentin

Not all were open every night. That did not bother us we still went to all except for the French. our choice. We only cared to see the fire show and the michael jackson show. Fire was our favorite. The resort is beautiful and very clean. The beach was a bit odd but nice. We loved the water. It was the best place to be during the day nice breeze made me feel cooler. The pool area was soooo HOT!!

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
44 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Back from the Valentin

Some people are asking about upgrades at the Valentin. We went with another couple and checked in with different people. We didn't ask for upgrade and got one. They asked and did get one but not one they were hoping for so I think it depends who you check in with. I was hoping but really didn't care that much so I was happy with what I got.

delaware
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Back from the Valentin

nonebetter

Basic room to a silver suite. building 2 we liked the location.

No trips. We liked the beach too much! But I talked to many people who loved going to the Cenote. (sp?)

Our TA used American Express. I think it was around $30 pp. They did not make us wait long.

Hint- When you get to the air port go towards the light..get out side as soon as you can. Dont stop till you reach your transportation outside. Too many people trying to sell time shares. SHARKS!!

Honestly the food was just ok. My husband and I have been to Mexico 3 times and Jamaica properties 4 times. to name a few.. I thought it was better than most AI but not awesome as some people have reported.

We did get sick...I was prepared for it. We are sill dealing with stomach issues after being home 4 days. UGH!!!

Spa- WONDERFUL!!! I get lots of massages so they were on par. It was my husbands first massage and I created a monster!!!! The prices were a bit on the high side. IMO!!

Have a private dinner on the beach! We didnt get that far but I always wanted to do it.

Hint-If you are beach people.....The towel game is played at this resort. We had to get up at 6am every day to get a good spot under a hut(shade is a must if you plan on a all day beach experience)I did witness a couple save a spot and not return for 5 hours. I wanted to slap them!!! So RUDE!!! We would get our spot 6am take a nap in our spot go to breakfast (30min) return to our spot. Leaving it for 5 hours is just nasty.

Sorry for the Rant but having to get up that early ruined my vacation. This is a people problem not a resort issue.

Overall- It is a lovely resort. The workers are amazing. We tipped but I dont think my service would have been any different.

delaware
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Back from the Valentin

nonebetter

No trips. We liked the beach too much! But I talked to many people who loved going to the Cenote. (sp?)

Our TA used American Express. I think it was around $30 pp. They did not make us wait long.

Hint- When you get to the air port go towards the light..get out side as soon as you can. Dont stop till you reach your transportation outside. Too many people trying to sell time shares. SHARKS!!

Honestly the food was just ok. My husband and I have been to Mexico 3 times and Jamaica properties 4 times. to name a few.. I thought it was better than most AI but not awesome as some people have reported.

We did get sick...I was prepared for it. We are sill dealing with stomach issues after being home 4 days. UGH!!!

Spa- WONDERFUL!!! I get lots of massages so they were on par. It was my husbands first massage and I created a monster!!!! The prices were a bit on the high side. IMO!!

Have a private dinner on the beach! We didnt get that far but I always wanted to do it.

Hint-If you are beach people.....The towel game is played at this resort. We had to get up at 6am every day to get a good spot under a hut(shade is a must if you plan on a all day beach experience)I did witness a couple save a spot and not return for 5 hours. I wanted to slap them!!! So RUDE!!! We would get our spot 6am take a nap in our spot go to breakfast (30min) return to our spot. Leaving it for 5 hours is just nasty.

Sorry for the Rant but having to get up that early ruined my vacation. This is a people problem not a resort issue.

Overall- It is a lovely resort. The workers are amazing. We tipped but I dont think my service would have been any different.

delaware
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Back from the Valentin

nonebetter

delaware
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Back from the Valentin

Personally I wouldnt want a upgrade higher than a silver due to the location of the upgraded rooms. There is not a lot of difference between the rooms anyways they are all super nice.

delaware
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Back from the Valentin

Also if topless beaches bother you this is not the resort for you. The tatas were out in abundance.