We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

XPLOR park is open! Xel-ha vs. Xcaret vs XPLOR!?!?

SW VA
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
XPLOR park is open! Xel-ha vs. Xcaret vs XPLOR!?!?

Just go back from PDC... I just wanted to mention to those getting ready to go and trying to decide what to do??? Now there is another option to consider. XPLOR is the new park next to the Grand Flamenco Xcaret (Xcaret on the right, XPLOR is on the left side of the resort).

I was told about it being built a long time ago and it was described as a Mexican Disney World... well, thankfully, that is not true. It does NOT have any roller coasters or anything along those lines. What it does have is a bunch (13km) of ziplines, amphibous ATV things, rafts through caves, and more too. It is $100 USD a person (adults, kids half price if they are under a certain height), and the park IS all-inclusive. The web site is www.xplor.travel

St Paul, MN
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
12,741 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: XPLOR park is open! Xel-ha vs. Xcaret vs XPLOR!?!?

I'm confused, DMEX said he paid $45 usd, you say $100 and the web site says $147, but regular price is $174.

How much does it cost?

SW VA
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: XPLOR park is open! Xel-ha vs. Xcaret vs XPLOR!?!?

We were quoted $100 per person at all the places I checked along 5th ave, and at Sandos. I couldn't find a better deal than that.

I wonder if the person you are referring to was staying at the Grand Flamenco?? If so, that's probably the answer.

I think the $147 or $174 was for Xcaret and XPLOR??

Bridgewater, New...
Level Contributor
376 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: XPLOR park is open! Xel-ha vs. Xcaret vs XPLOR!?!?

I just went to the site above and it is 89 Adult and 44 under 50" if booked on line.

I am so afraid to book these excursions I am such a sceptic on what you get.

texas
Level Contributor
140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: XPLOR park is open! Xel-ha vs. Xcaret vs XPLOR!?!?

i just went on july 23 booked through our hotel with the lomas agent and we paid $45 a person.

Bridgewater, New...
Level Contributor
376 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: XPLOR park is open! Xel-ha vs. Xcaret vs XPLOR!?!?

dmteax,

Which hotel and I am sorry what is a lomas agent? Thanks

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,543 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: XPLOR park is open! Xel-ha vs. Xcaret vs XPLOR!?!?

dmtex- what did you think of it? Is it worth it to go?

SW VA
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: XPLOR park is open! Xel-ha vs. Xcaret vs XPLOR!?!?

At $45 a person, all-inclusive, it would be a great deal--- we would have jumped at that.

$100 was too much in my opinion-- it would have cost $100 for our 9yr to go! She is tall and that is how they decide if you pay as an adult. Xel-Ha is the same way.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: XPLOR park is open! Xel-ha vs. Xcaret vs XPLOR!?!?

I just reserved a visit to XPLOR for Oct. 21'st. It was a total of $232 for 2 people including pick-up & return to our hotel (ERC). The price includes all day at the park, ATV tour, zip-lines, buffet, drinks, snorkling in the cenote, rafting, etc. Not a bad price for an all day trip. I will write up a review on it when I return.

Beechluver

SW VA
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: XPLOR park is open! Xel-ha vs. Xcaret vs XPLOR!?!?

I should mention that the $100 PP I was quoted did NOT include any transportation.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
1,298 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: XPLOR park is open! Xel-ha vs. Xcaret vs XPLOR!?!?

The cost on their website without transportation was $86.00 USD.

Beechluver