We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadian ?? (Riu Palace Mexico)

London, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Canadian ?? (Riu Palace Mexico)

Hey

I am trying to locate pricing info on Riu Palace Mexico with flights from Toronto but all of the vacation books I have don't have the Riu Palace Mexico in them. There are many other Riu's offered but I can't find the Palace. I have the sunquest book, Air Canada Vacations, Sunwing, and World of Vacations books.

Can any Canadians out there let me know what travel agency or group they went through? Thanks.

doodlefan

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canadian ?? (Riu Palace Mexico)

I'm not from Canada but I had a hard time finding availability through the usual tour operators. I went with thevisitorcenter.com - you can get a quote emailed to you right form through their website. The agent that I ultimately dealt with was Nick Monroe...he was fantastic!

Here is his contact info:

nickm@thevisitorcenter.com

www.thevisitorcenter.com

1-800-291-3088 Ext 113

We booked our Honeymoon (April 20-26 @ Riu Palace Mexico) with him and he got us, what I thnk, is a great price on the package. One thing that helped us was flexible travel dates. If you do end up booking through him, tell him Meg says hello! :o) Let me know if you have any other questions...I would be happy to try and answer them!

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
380 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canadian ?? (Riu Palace Mexico)

Hi doodlefan.

We booked from Alberta three years ago. The Palace is absolutely beautiful but very pricey. We booked through Alberta Motor Association but I see it is in this year's Sunquest book (perhaps you missed it). I would just call a travel agent and get them to do the work for you. Or...search Riu Hotels through google or yahoo and once you get to the Palace it should show you tour operators that are booking. Have a great time. We are going to the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo in Feb. and really looking forward to it.

Halifax, N.S.
Level Contributor
312 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canadian ?? (Riu Palace Mexico)

Hey Doodlefan,

Found the resort listed on both The Last Minute Club (www.lastminuteclub.com) and Sun Holidays (www.sunholidays.ca). The LMC site will tell you what travel company it is using when you check the availabilty, so you could find a brochure from there. Good Luck.

geeynot

calgary,ab
Level Contributor
183 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canadian ?? (Riu Palace Mexico)

Hey doodlefan,

I'm pretty sure this resort is exclusive in Canada by Airtransat.

Calgary
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Canadian ?? (Riu Palace Mexico)

Check tripcentral.ca - it's on there for sure since that's what I'm looking at booking!

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Canadian ?? (Riu Palace Mexico)

riubambo.com. Has all kinds of photos of the resort and interactive program.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Canadian ?? (Riu Palace Mexico)

sorry...it's riubambu.com

Toronto
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Canadian ?? (Riu Palace Mexico)

We picked up a book today from Thomas Cook Travel for Sunquest. It has the Riu Palace.

Illinois
Level Contributor
133 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Canadian ?? (Riu Palace Mexico)

We fly out of St. Louis and RIU Palace is in Apple Vacations, Funjet, and MLT Travel. Don't know if they service your area or not.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Canadian ?? (Riu Palace Mexico)

We booked our vacation through www.travellastminute.ca but when we booked we found that selloffvacations.com had a better price. We liked travellastminute because we could talk to the same rep each and everytime and with selloff we had trouble getting people's extensions. travellastminute matched selloff's price. We also flew from Toronto and I think we were with Sunquest vacations which made things real easy when we arrived and had to depart.