We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What if we wanted to go for a walk

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New England
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
155 reviews
Save Topic
What if we wanted to go for a walk

We are looking at some of the resorts north of Playa del Carmen, particularly those on or close to Plya Maroma. My question is this: if I wanted to leave our resort and take a long walk (not necessarily along the beach) is it safe and would there be anything to see?

somewhere
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What if we wanted to go for a walk

Well you'd be walking along the highway..not exactly a lovely walk.

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,762 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What if we wanted to go for a walk

Between the beach and the highway you have lots of vegetation, cenotes, critters, swamps and pests. On the good side there are trails and some residences. Bring a GPS and explore; tell the resort where you are going and bring plenty of water, sunscreen, bug repellent, and wear good walking/hiking shoes. If you don't care for all that on a hot and humid Yucatan day then stroll the beach until you need another adult beverage.

I'd suggest Coba for an interesting and historical stroll. Walk the paths of Xel-ha; they go in a big circle. If you want to be in PDC then walk the circle in Playacar for it costs nothing.

Otherwise stay in your gated resort and do laps around the perimeter.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What if we wanted to go for a walk

If you stay in resorts south of PDC in Playacar you can walk om sidewalks or the beach for miles.

new york/new jersey...
Level Contributor
2,706 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What if we wanted to go for a walk

hi swami-if u stay in the gated community of playacar not only can u walk the beach for miles but there is a shopping area u can walk to fr any of the resorts on the playacar strip...been there several times and very safe even at nite...some resorts have bicycles u can use too...for the most part the resorts are on the beach side and the beautiful homes r on the other side of the road...i will be going back end of next month :)

5. Re: What if we wanted to go for a walk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2010, 07:24