We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best aI resort in Rivera Maya

England
Level Contributor
169 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best aI resort in Rivera Maya

Stayed in Secrets Maroma in February and loved it, but I keep reading reviews about other great hotels need to decided which one to try in Feb 2010 so has to be as good as secrets or better

thanks thorny

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,784 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best aI resort in Rivera Maya

We're trying the Valentin Imperial Maya next year due to great reviews and prices.

You might like to check out the following:

Valentin: great reviews and prices as mentioned; large resort with beautiful grounds and big beach; large, modern rooms with free internet; 24 hour room service; a la carte dining with no reservations, etc.

Iberostar Grand: amazing hotel, great reviews, but prices to match; gorgeous rooms and pool; very upscale; a la carte dining; true top-shelf drinks and great food; 24 hour room service etc etc

Excellence Riviera Cancun: large, beautiful rooms; a la carte dining (though I wouldn't rate the food that highly; others do however); top-shelf drinks; lovely grounds; great pool area (a large 'activities' pool, several other pools, plus a quiet lazy river); 24 hour room service etc.

Secrets Capri: same chain as Maroma but smaller and more intimate, and from what I've heard, superior in quality. It is a lot smaller though so depends whether you like that or not.

Price-wise these resorts will set you back from around £1.5k (Valentin), to over £2k (IB Grand) pp for 2 weeks.

Hope that helps!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Cancun, Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,363 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best aI resort in Rivera Maya

We continue to find adults only Aventura Spa Palace the best AI.

Beautiful large property, free ours, use of all other Palace Resorts, full beach and pool service, snorkeling on site, fantastic spa, 7 restaurants, 24 hour room service, free wifi, large double jacuzzi in each room, balconeys, fantastic service and so much more. Pure relaxation!!

www.palaceresorts.com

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,081 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best aI resort in Rivera Maya

Royal Hideaway is 5 star resort and has won many awards. Great restaurants and outstanding service.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,225 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best aI resort in Rivera Maya

My vote goes to EPM. We enjoyed it more than SMB.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
152 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best aI resort in Rivera Maya

My first choice is the Iberostar Grand and my second choice is the Valentin Imperial. We have stayed at both and would return to either in a heartbeat. The rooms,food,drinks,service,and activities were spectacular.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,068 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best aI resort in Rivera Maya

Our favorites in the RM so far are Grand Velas, Zoetry, Secrets Capri, followed by Iberostar Grand.

Least favorite: Excellence PM and El Dorado Royale.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best aI resort in Rivera Maya

"Best" is what is best for you. We would not be happy at places like Royal Hideaway or Leblanc because it would be too quiet and boring for us. We like a good social environment to go along with excellent pools, rooms and general facilities. EPM and more recently, Secrets Silversands met what we were looking for exceptionally well. The vast majority of the food and drinks were excellent, the service was incredible, beaches were good but not the best but we knew that going in. We met some very fun people and had some incredibly fun times. I think our stomachs are still sore from laughing with them!

England
Level Contributor
169 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best aI resort in Rivera Maya

Thanks for the advice so hard to chose with such a lot of good hotels

England
Level Contributor
169 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best aI resort in Rivera Maya

Thanks for all your sugestions will take a look ath the hotels on line

Thorny

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,784 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best aI resort in Rivera Maya

Do be aware that some suggestions eg Le Blanc and Zoetry will set you back around £3k pp for 2 weeks so may be out of budget.