We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xaman-Ha vs. Pueblo Escondito avs. Mamitas Village ?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Xaman-Ha vs. Pueblo Escondito avs. Mamitas Village ?

Renting condo's for holiday ASAP and never been to PDC before. Can you give me pro's and con's of the condo's above? THX!

Toronto
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Xaman-Ha vs. Pueblo Escondito avs. Mamitas Village ?

Pueblo Escondito is Really nice and the people are nice too. It's a little far from the action, about 8 blocks down fifth to the main zone. Mamitas Village is very nice too. Close to the popular beach clubs and closer to the action and shopping.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xaman-Ha vs. Pueblo Escondito avs. Mamitas Village ?

Hi, Thx. I have been told that the Playacar is a great location and has security and serentity. It's been suggested Xaman-Ha a great location close to town, yet on the beach w/ Ocean views which the others aren't. It also has tennis courts and amentities w/i Playacar that the other condo facilities are too small to have. Thoughts?

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
413 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xaman-Ha vs. Pueblo Escondito avs. Mamitas Village ?

We stayed at Pueblito this past May and loved it. It was just a short walk to 5th and just steps from the beach. That stretch of beach is very nice and its close to Mamita's and Kool. The rooftop pool at Pueblito is amazing and there is also another pool at ground level which is also nice.

minneapolis, mn
Level Contributor
784 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xaman-Ha vs. Pueblo Escondito avs. Mamitas Village ?

K -What you say about Xaman ha is true. It's fantastic! Have you checked out their website? It's not for booking; just information. They have 1, 2 and 3 bedroom condos. How big are you looking for?

http://www.xamanhainfo.com/webcam

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xaman-Ha vs. Pueblo Escondito avs. Mamitas Village ?

We have stayed at Xaman Ha the past two years, I have not stayed at the others you mention. Xaman Ha is beachfront and only a very short walk to 5th avenue. We went in February and met many owners of the condo's there at that time. They have lady that makes lunch, burgers, hotdogs or fajitas at the pool daily so if you didn't feel like going up you could buy something, she also runs the swim uup bar. The beach there is very nice and if the waves come from the north and the ocean is a little dirty you can always walk out the south end of the property and the public beach is there and is protected by some rocks.

The grounds are kept very clean, there is high speed internet in the lobby and some of the condo units.

Remember that each unit is owned privately so the furnishings and the amenities are different. The first year the condo we stayed in was OK, very clean but the furniture was dated and the dishes very limited. The second year we had a different unit, same price and it had been redone, the furniture beautiful, wonderful dishes, it even had a washer and dryer. I would recommend Xaman Ha to anyone.

Billings, Montana
Level Contributor
152 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xaman-Ha vs. Pueblo Escondito avs. Mamitas Village ?

I would also recommend Xaman Ha... Haven't stayed at the others that you mention, but was at Xaman Ha last year (Feb) and have booked to stay there again in March/April of 2010.

The condos (as mentioned) are privately owned, so they vary greatly in the individual furnishings. We had two 3 bedroom units for our group last year and they both were great. Next year we are renting 2 three bedroom units and also a one bedroom unit.

I don't remember any tennis courts at Xaman Ha (maybe I misread?), but the location is great -- only a 3 minute walk to the southern end of 5th Avenue. The beach isn't that wide, but it's great. The grounds are immaculate and the staff very helpful. We rented through www.rentalsyourway.com and were very pleased.

The pool is not that big but is adequate and our 4 and 7 year olds loved it. I can't wait to go back but it's 6 months from now :(

Have Fun!

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
3,222 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xaman-Ha vs. Pueblo Escondito avs. Mamitas Village ?

I believe there are tennis courts in the park behind the complex. The pool is nice, has 2 shallow ends for kids.

we rented through playacar vacation rentals. Got our airport transfer through playacar transfers. They were great, even booked them for a day tour, Raoul was a wonderful driver, speaks good english and suggested wonderful things to see and restaurants to try. He even brought his son on the day trip, father teaching son!

8. Re: Xaman-Ha vs. Pueblo Escondito avs. Mamitas Village ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2010, 05:18