We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with my Honeymoon decision!!

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Need help with my Honeymoon decision!!

Hi guys. I want to thank everyone in advance for their help and input. I have become a Trip Advisor addict and my honeymoon won't be until next June. I have decided on the Riviera Maya region and have narrowed my search down to a couple places. At first I was looking at the Royal in Playa. There seems to be a ton of good reviews, but it seems kind of "cramped" to me in comparison to some other resorts. For instance, the pool area in the middle..when I look at pictures, it seems as though there is people everywhere. I also have read many reviews that say the beach is not very good. Before I rule out the Royal, could someone address my concerns?

The two that I'm really looking at is The Excellence RC and Valentin. Both seem to have good reviews, while the Valentin is newer and much larger. I have searched through the postings and read some comparisons, but it seems to be 50-50. My fiance and I will be first timers to an AI and I'm sure we won't be disappointed with any of the resorts I'm looking at, but I want to make the right choice as you only get one honeymoon:)

Thanks guys!

Jon

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with my Honeymoon decision!!

For what you are looking for, I would choose excellence first, then Valentin, and Royal last.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
796 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with my Honeymoon decision!!

Live webcam of The Royal pool at

www.realresorts.com

Minnesota
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with my Honeymoon decision!!

Not to confuse you more, but I would also look at the Excellence Playa Mujeres, unless you really want to visit the actual town of Playa del Carmen. EPM is a little bit north of Cancun (instead of south). We went there last year and met a lot of people on their honeymoons. It is newer than the Excellence Riviera Maya and is really exceptional. We are going to the Valentin this year because of the price difference.

4. Re: Need help with my Honeymoon decision!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2010, 06:19