We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

internet access help needed

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,884 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
internet access help needed

Dreams Riviera Maya.

Suggestions please about internet access for work. Use their system, take laptop with AT&T air card or something else? Best connections and cost options anyone??? Thx.

playa del carmen
Level Contributor
1,381 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: internet access help needed

Most of the AI's have wireless access from the lobby area, not often in the rooms. Your AT T access may get very expensive due to roaming charges

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: internet access help needed

I travel a lot for months at a time internationally. Internet is a must for my business (self-employed techie). Most hotels/resorts will have some internet access in Playa. Ask before you book about "room access." I'd recommend having them check the speed.. I use http://myspeed.visualware.com/

If you are renting a condo, or apartment, some owners will allow you to upgrade to a higher speed if you pay them extra. Yet it still does not compare to U.S., or European standards.

Honestly speeds here are not great. You need to patient. I often wonder why fishing villages in Costa RIca have much faster internet than Playa....

Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Newtown Square, PA
Level Contributor
603 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: internet access help needed

The resort offers a few options for Internet access. One option is to visit the business center, which has computers with Internet access. The resort also has free Internet access in preferred club rooms. In non Preferred Club rooms, you can pay a small fee to access the Internet through a high speed Internet data port. I work for Dreams so please let me know if you have any more questions!

4. Re: internet access help needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2010, 05:19