We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Quetzal or Tucan ~

Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
Iberostar Quetzal or Tucan ~

Hello

I need some help with a couple of questions about this property~ Can anyone tell me about the beach? Just any info would be great ~~

Also How about the restaurant situation and reservations~ We are looking to book here for the 1st part of April for 7 days with 4 other families with 17 year olds~

Thanks so much!

Breda, The...
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Quetzal or Tucan ~

It's one hotel, beach i am not sure but i think it will be fine, we stayed at Viva Wyndham Azteca and the had a great beach, i guess it will be the same at Quetzal/Tucan

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
394 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Quetzal or Tucan ~

The Tucan and Quetzal are 2 sides of the same resort. Each side has it's own decor theme, and all facilities, no matter what side of the resort they are located on, are accessible to everyone. The pool is amazing- it goes on forever! The swim-up bar is seperate from the main pool. It's a little cool in there- both in water temperature and also because it's quite shady. The beach is very nice. I think it'smore intact than further up towards PDC. The whole area has been really impacted by beach erosion due to active weather. We stayed on the Tucan side 3 1/2 years ago and are going back as a large group this Christmas. The best part is the service, IMHO. Iberostar really raises the bar in this regard. Our teens had an awesome time at this resort, and so did the parents.

Boylston...
Level Contributor
1,527 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Quetzal or Tucan ~

We've stayed on the Quetzal side six times and the Tucan once.

We're going back on Thursday and will stay at the Quetzal again.

We like that side better but they are both basically the same. We

like to say we'll never get lost because we know our way so well!

4. Re: Iberostar Quetzal or Tucan ~

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2010, 06:25