We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aventura Bad Reviews? Help!

Which Playa del Carmen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southern California
12 posts
Save Topic
Aventura Bad Reviews? Help!

I feel as if I've read just about every review on this forum and every other forum on the internet and I can't help but stress over the negative reviews I keep reading about the Aventura Spa Palace. My finacee and I just booked (as of today) our wedding there in April, but the negative reviews are really stressing me out. Can anyone out there put my mind at ease?

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Aventura Bad Reviews? Help!

You know what Cracky? I have come to the conclusion that MANY of the negative reviews must come from people who are extremely picky/uppity and who probably always find SOMETHING wrong with EVERYTHING! I'm sure you will have a fabulous time and a beautiful wedding. Relax and enjoy. The positive things I have read about Aventura Spa Palace far outweigh the negative. The place looks amazing to me and I do know someone who has been there. When I was planning my trip, my first choice was Aventura. The ONLY thing that changed my mind was the lack of a "real" beach. I know there are beautiful beaches nearby, but we don't want to leave the resort for our trip. We are going to relax and enjoy without spending the day away for the resort we paid for. Have a great time!

Graham, Texas
Level Contributor
212 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aventura Bad Reviews? Help!

cracky,

when are you going in april? me and my fiance are going april 25-29 for our honeymoon. Have you heard if there are any conventions going on that week, I heard that they allow kids during the conventions.

Milwaukee,WI
Level Contributor
387 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aventura Bad Reviews? Help!

Dan and I booked our trip to the Aventura in August and I was reading those reviews religiously ever since. I noticed that many of the people complain about the same things...lack of a 'real' beach which their travel agent I'm sure didn't inform them of, and the food. It's an all-inclusive, the food is not going to be spectacular, but there are 6 resteraunts, and if they can't find a single place out of those that they liked, then they belonged at some resort where they spend 1000$ a night. I was worried about these reviews also, and then I said screw it. If I'm going on vacation I'm not going to worry about every little detail, and you're not going to have a good time going into this with a negative frame of mind. Dan just told me last night, that one of the people he works near says they went to Cancun and visited the Aventura and said it was breath takingly awsome!! I'm going January25th, and I'll be more than glad to let you know what Dan and I thought! But have a good time, and congrats!

Milwaukee,WI
Level Contributor
387 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aventura Bad Reviews? Help!

I e-mailed the resort about this. There is a convention going on Feb 20-27 which allows kids onto the resort. But that's the only week, so you'll be fine.

Frederick, MD
Level Contributor
150 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aventura Bad Reviews? Help!

A woman in my office went there a few months ago with her fiance. She enjoyed it very much! She did say the people who stayed there seems a little snooty/stuffy (saw some women going to the pool with high heels on???) and the artificial wall/beach was a little deceiving to her. Everything else (rooms, resort, food, service, etc) she said was very nice.

San Antonio
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Aventura Bad Reviews? Help!

I visited the Aventura Spa Palace in Dec 2003 and was blown away by how nice it was. It is a big facility, but absolutely gorgeous. The gym and spa facilities are awesome. I have been to 2 other very nice all-inclusives in the area (grand xcaret by occidental and iberostar paraiso del mar, which were both very nice, with great staff and nice facilities, and we had a great time), but the Aventura Spa Palace is a step above.

It is truly gorgeous-- I don't think the web site or brochure does it justice.

As for the "negatives":

The food is decent-- definitely the best "all-inclusive food" that I've had in the area (the grand xcaret was pretty good too), just remember that you are not going to a 4 star american restaurant and you will not be disappointed!

The only disappointing feature of the resort is the small man-made beach (there may be other resorts in the palace system that have nice beaches, I am not sure-- try the ones on Cozumel or Cancun maybe if you are a beach person-- and you will have access to all the palace resorts when you stay at one) but the ocean views are beautiful and there is a restaurant right on the ocean which is very romantic at night.

I liked the resort so much that I am going to the Aventura Spa Palace again in February-- and bringing another couple with us!!

Congratulations, you made an excellent choice for your wedding destination... relax, and look forward to it, it will be fabulous.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aventura Bad Reviews? Help!

Cracky,

Oh man, those meanies! I am thinking the same... that they just didn't know how to vacation. ;) Let me know about this place, i am headed down June 13-22 for honeymoon.

Cool thing i heard they do: all honeymooners wear a pink bracelet to let others know why they are there ;), then they throw a big dinner for all of them & get a group photo as well, guess it is a great place to meet friends & maybe even meet back up with them in the future. Great idea, i think.

Anyways, have fun - it is what you make it.

Let me know how your trip went, so i can get all excited about ours.

-Gina

Southern California
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Aventura Bad Reviews? Help!

Thank you all so much! You've already put my mind at ease! Now that I'm not stressing I have a few more follow up questions that I'll post separately regarding the Aventura. Thank you all again!!!