We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for luxury All Inclusive with 4 kids 10 and under.

birmingham, mi
Level Contributor
136 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for luxury All Inclusive with 4 kids 10 and under.

Hi All. I am booked at the Fairmont Mayakoba for 8 nights in Feb 2010 It looks great- But I was thinking of breaking things up and staying half the time at an All Inclusive based on a friend who said my kids ( ages 10/8/6/3 ) will love it . BUT I am a little bit of a travel snob and I want to make sure that any place we go is "top notch" The Fairmont meets that criteria for me- but am not sure there are all inclusives in Playa that are KID FRIENDLY and meet that criteria. My friend mentioned the Iberostar - not sure which one. Thoughts ? and by the way, we plan on swimming, snorkeling, and visiting ruins - and eating !!! ha ha oh and kids camps/ organized activities would be nice thanks in advance

birmingham, mi
Level Contributor
136 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for luxury All Inclusive with 4 kids 10 and under.

By the way a NICE beach is a must

Boston
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for luxury All Inclusive with 4 kids 10 and under.

The Iberostar's are FABULOUS for an all-inclusive. I suggest the Iberostar Maya, all suites, which is in the Playa Paraiso complex. It features a gorgeous beach, several swimming pools, a lazy river and a wave pool that the kids love! You can eat at the a la cartes every night instead of the buffets. This locale has a very nice golf course, spa, shopping center, etc. You truly never need to leave the resort.

If you have any other questions I will be happy to help!

Kate

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for luxury All Inclusive with 4 kids 10 and under.

I ditto that! The Iberostar Tucan or Quetzal (same complex, just two different sides), is fantastic. We went there 4 years in a row up until last year when we ended up not going to Mexico. Super service, great lush grounds, and fantastic beach. I would recommend staying in building 12, 13, or 15 (can't remember exactly), but closer to the pool & beach. If you get one closer to the lobby area, it gets kind of loud aroung 9:00-11:00 pm when the live shows are going on. The pool areas are really quiet.

Enjoy!

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,067 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for luxury All Inclusive with 4 kids 10 and under.

Check out Hacienda Tres Rios - new and getting very good reviews.

Northern US
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
4,027 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for luxury All Inclusive with 4 kids 10 and under.

I don't think any of the Iberostars, other than the Grand, would be the right choice for a self-described "travel snob". The Grand is adults only so that's out. I too have heard good things about Hacienda Tres Rios.

Boston
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for luxury All Inclusive with 4 kids 10 and under.

The IB Maya is next to the Grand and other than the shared pool with the Lindo is definitely a step above. The Maya even has its own quiet pools that only Maya guests use. All the rooms are beautiful suites (quite large) with hammocks.

Ivyland...
Level Contributor
441 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for luxury All Inclusive with 4 kids 10 and under.

I would also suggest you look at Hacienda Tres Rios. They have two bedroom suites which would fit your family. There are couches with pull-out beds in all the rooms, so your family would fit and the rooms are quite luxurious as well. They also have a kids club with kids activities. They have cenote snorkeling on-site on property near the resort. The beach is fine but not perfect but there is a nice beach by most accounts just to the south. The pool nearest the ocean is the largest pool and kids are allowed there. The pool furthest from the ocean and near Hacienda Grill is only for adults so if you need a break from your kids that would be ideal.

The service is great and is getting better every day. It's a new resort and is very nice. Read the reviews at your leisure.

KMK83
Level Contributor
605 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for luxury All Inclusive with 4 kids 10 and under.

I agree with MadMaya as far as the IB Paraiso complex is concerned, and would imagine that the same would pertain to the IB Tucan complex. I loved the Iberostars, but don't think a "travel snob" necessarily would.

I don't mean to be controversial here, but I don't think that many AIs that are kid-friendly (lots of kids around, kids clubs/prgrams etc) would meet your criteria. I don't think these resorts would be anything like the Mayakoba.

This is not to say that there aren't some that provide solid service and good food.... I just think you should adjust your expectations if you want to do a kid-friendly AI in order to avoid disappointment.

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
325 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for luxury All Inclusive with 4 kids 10 and under.

Hacienda Tres Rios is nice, but the beach has been described in many reviews as less than stellar. Supposedly rocky with lots of seaweed. The Iberostars that actually allow kids I think will be below your standards. They are definitely below what I look for and it sounds like we have similar tastes. I would check out the new Dreams Riviera Cancun (it just opened in October and is very luxurious and modern) or look at the Barcelo Maya Palace. Both have nice beaches and are more on the upscale side. Happy planning!

Calgary
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for luxury All Inclusive with 4 kids 10 and under.

Ok, I'm a fairmount president's club member, and we often stay with them so I have a good idea of what you mean by travel snob, and what your expectations might be. I would consider the Royal Club at Occidental Xcaret. All meals cooked to order, breakfast, lunch, supper in a private dining room. Two small private pools, no towel cards, buffet lines or plastic beer cups. Meals served poolside on china, if desired, or can be taken at any of the other resort venues, including the specialty ones that are limited to other guests. The beach is not the greatest thing to look at, but it is perfect for kids. Rooms not bad for the price, service is very good. Allows children, so lots of professionals, sports figures, business people down there with thir kids, so nice people to spend time with. Only 40 or so rooms in the gated Royal Club area, very low stress, no loud pool music or animation staff. You might like it, we do, and it would not even be on our radar without a personal recommendation that we took a chance on.