We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hacienda Paradise Boutique or Illusion Boutique?

Huron, Ohio
Level Contributor
172 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Hacienda Paradise Boutique or Illusion Boutique?

We usually stay at AI's but this time, a boutique. I have narrowed fown to Hacienda and Illusion due to location, pool, price and decor. OK, which one, really? Any others to add into the mix that I might not know about? PLEASE HELP! Going May 1-8 and making a decision very soon!

Toronto
Level Contributor
205 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hacienda Paradise Boutique or Illusion Boutique?

We had an amazing time at Hacienda Paradise boutique hotel in Playa del Carmen. A block from Fifth Avenue (yet no noise at all), and only a couple of blocks to Mamitas Beach Club (and the wonderful beach). Very clean, nice pool, front desk manned around the clock, free internet in lobby, room fridge, room safe, wonderful breakfast included, very friendly, and really comfortable beds (which is sometimes hard to find in Mexico) - I can hardly wait to go back again next year. I'd highly recommend it.

CO
Level Contributor
5,477 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hacienda Paradise Boutique or Illusion Boutique?

I have not stayed at either of these hotels but would not hesitate. There are so many great places to stay in town, the list is ever growing. Pools are not high on my priorities list and many are small, just for cooling off. Mimi del Mar, Aventura Mexicana and La Tortuga are places I have stayed with pools.

I walked through Magic Blue and this looks like a pool paradise off 10th Ave. Pueblito Escondido, Playa Maya...

Beach clubs Kool and Mamitas have pools also. Have a great trip! :) CW

tripadvisor.com/members-golists/coloradowand…

Huron, Ohio
Level Contributor
172 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hacienda Paradise Boutique or Illusion Boutique?

Thank you for your assistance. This is very helpful!

Jenifer

Huron, Ohio
Level Contributor
172 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hacienda Paradise Boutique or Illusion Boutique?

Many thanks about the Hacienda Paradise info. You are great!

I have worked at 19 resorts as a Director of Sales and was a hotel opener for Marriott so I have had my fill of big hotels!

Jenifer

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hacienda Paradise Boutique or Illusion Boutique?

I haven't stayed at either hotel, but I was recently married in Playa, and nearly half of our guests stayed at Illusion. It's well located and clean, but isn't the most modern or stylish hotel in the area. None of our guests had any complaints, but a couple said that they wish that they'd booked at Hotel El Punto.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hacienda Paradise Boutique or Illusion Boutique?

I like staying at Illusion. Large, airy, clean rooms. Quiet location mere seconds to beach where they have chairs and umbrellas and a minute to 5th ave. If you read the TA reviews you'll find them great.

7. Re: Hacienda Paradise Boutique or Illusion Boutique?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2010, 05:23