We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimsuit Question for Ladies?

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
696 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Swimsuit Question for Ladies?

Leaving for Riu Yucatan in 8 short weeks and I am now starting my hunt for a few nice swim suits. I definately realize that in this swimsuit industry, you get what you pay for, I just finished ordering a swim top from Lands End. Is there any other brands or recomendations for where i should shop.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimsuit Question for Ladies?

If you can't find something before you get to Playa, go to Zingara (on 5th Ave). They have some great swimsuits. A little pricey but nice.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,621 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimsuit Question for Ladies?

Victoria's Secret has good quality swimsuits. I found with the tops that you will need to order a size larger than your normal bra size though.

California
Level Contributor
371 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimsuit Question for Ladies?

Venus has a huge selection & mix & match sizes as well. Very good quality.

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,554 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimsuit Question for Ladies?

I personally like Land's End too, they hold up extremely well year after year. We have a pool at home and they get a lot of use here and then come to Mexico on our annual trip as well. The colors don't fade and the shape doesn't morph! Enjoy your trip!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
585 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimsuit Question for Ladies?

I love newport news. They are good quality, mix and match and have great sales. Also like Old Navy seem to be well constructed.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
628 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimsuit Question for Ladies?

Thank you for your comments.

I wonder if there are other shopping recommendations for Playa del Carmen, and if there any bathing suit shopping suggestions for Tulum.

Embarrass, Minnesota
Level Contributor
5,767 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimsuit Question for Ladies?

Why not leave your shopping until you get to Mexico. Help out the local economy. Shopping isn't the big thing in Tulum but you can always find something. You've got the top covered which is more than some beaches require. So have an open mind and enjoy the PDC stroll. PDC is a place to be comfortable and relaxed.

Don't forget many of the off 5th stores to the north and west near highway 307. And if you really want to power shop go to Cozumel or Cancun for the day. You'll appreciate PDC a lot more.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,723 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swimsuit Question for Ladies?

i just bought a new suit for our upcoming trip in Jan and i got it from AQUA in st.vital mall...as your from manitoba too :) other then that and swim suit etc, i don't find too many of good quality. I try not to go crazy with really excellent quality as i find after one or two seasons my body changed shape once again and they don't fit the same.... so i go inbetween, not walmart but a bit better :) lol

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swimsuit Question for Ladies?

Try swimoutlet.com.

United States
Destination Expert
for Copper Harbor
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swimsuit Question for Ladies?

My wife and her friends rave about Athletica. They love that "mix and match" thing.